Not a Boat Fire At Reedham Ferry - Just a boat heading for refurbishment

Microbe

We passed a large burned out boat (looked like one of the Richardson Bolero class) moored close to the Ferry Inn at Reedham yesterday afternoon. We did not spot it when heading out Saturday afternoon. 

I hope no one was hurt. Does anyone know more?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Microbe said:

We passed a large burned out boat (looked like one of the Richardson Bolero class) moored close to the Ferry Inn at Reedham yesterday afternoon. We did not spot it when heading out Saturday afternoon. 

I hope no one was hurt. Does anyone know more?

Was it actually burnt out, or was it a mould with a few windows fitted and some missing?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Happy said:

Well I am so sorry.  It was meant to be a sensible question that I and maybe others might have been interested in.  I really don't think i'll bother again

Of course it was and I'm sure Dan or someone will be along shortly to provide a serious answer. In the meantime I just provided a little light hearted banter. This is known as the light side, don't take life so seriously.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I'm a bit confudled about how a mould could be mistaken for a burnt out boat.

Well an arch usually attached to the roof was missing, both windscreens and a couple of side windows werent there so to somebody passing it all looked a little odd, that said it was green and not black.

• Like 1

Apologies if I've mistaken a partly built boat for one having a fire. I saw a boat moored with some windows in place and others missing. The hull looked dull and grey, like smoke damaged. My mistake, but I'm pleased to understand no one came to any harm. It would be nice to know the plans/timeline for this boat by the builders........🙂

Microbe.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I'm a bit confudled about how a mould could be mistaken for a burnt out boat.

If it’s the one I think it is, it was a mould that had been partially fitted out and used as a liveabord on Hobrough’s Dyke.  It hasn’t been on fire, no one was injured and it’s being moved to Bridgecraft for a reason that I’m not aware of.

33 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

This is one that has been for sale in Brundall, from a distance in poor weather ?

Brundall to the north with a stop over in Reedham.

I can make the theory fit the facts 😁

177003_3cf261d91076fafdcc38af14b512c2d9.jpg

It’s a mould, rather than a mould tool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1