Not a Boat Fire At Reedham Ferry - Just a boat heading for refurbishment

Microbe

So now we know its not a burnt out shell and its not a brand new shell. What type of shell is it. The video suggests it's a sedan style boat and was built by Horizon in 1975 at Catfield. But according to Craig's data base Horizon craft didn't build any sedan style boats. Anyone any ideas, or can Dan put us out of our misery?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MargeandParge said:

It doesn't look like a sedan to me. Looks like a modern dual steer jobby with a sun deck on the stern top.

They are filming from their tug which is rafted to on the port side I think 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Aah. I've got it the wrong way round. I thought the tug was the 'shell'. Must look closer.

I thought it had been established by the fourth post on this thread, the one by DanBroadGate, that is Dan who's family own Bridgecraft and Broadgate Marina, that it was theirs and on its way to Bridgecraft. The multiple smiley faces and confirming Mouldy's guess on his previous post that it was "a mould with a few windows fitted and some missing" seemed a clear indication to me that there had been no major disaster involving a hire craft or fire!

This is clearly a commercial venture of some sort and it is for Dan to decide how much or how little they want to share at this stage about their future plans.

It might be helpful though, now it has been established there hasn't been a boat fire at Reedham Ferry if the flames of gossip were extinguished by modifying the thread title to something more suitable and less misleading. It has already spread to a neighbouring forum, the last thing we want is the EDP picking it up and printing something without checking it out properly. They wouldn't do that would they? :default_rofl:

• Like 1

• grendel changed the title to Not a Boat Fire At Reedham Ferry - Just a boat heading for refurbishment

Misleading titles, daft answers and silly sausages, where would we be without this place, eh? Love it :default_biggrin:

Thank you Dan for putting us right on the subject and very interesting too although I think a boat fire or some such would have been much more interesting and also could  have resulted in ten pages of speculation :default_biggrin: x (just kidding of course)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meantime said:

I thought it had been established by the fourth post on this thread, the one by DanBroadGate, that is Dan who's family own Bridgecraft and Broadgate Marina,

Well, what a thread!

A classic example of wild speculation on an Internet forum, if ever I saw it.   It seems we don't even know which boat was towing which.

In addition the forum name of a member has now been "outed" and identified as the owner of a boatyard.  Why would he have posted under a pseudonym on the forum, if he did not want to remain anonymous? 

For that matter, who is Meantime?  In his latest incarnation?  He never says who he is, but he claims to know all about boatyards and seems  to have no hesitation in naming others.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Well, what a thread

In addition the forum name of a member has now been "outed" and identified as the owner of a boatyard.  Why would he have posted under a pseudonym on the forum, if he did not want to remain anonymous? 

For that matter, who is Meantime?  In his latest incarnation?  He never says who he is, but he claims to know all about boatyards and seems  to have no hesitation in naming others.

:default_icon_rolleyes: Guess you didnt see post #4 then. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Oh dear! Wrong side of the bed this morning Vaughan? Firstly I didn't say Dan was the owner of the boatyard, I said his family were. Since the user DanBroadGate said in his own post, "it's ours and its going back to Bridgecraft" I don't think Dan was making any big secret of who he was, especially if you have seen his very interesting postings on Facebook.

I apologise in advance if Dan was trying to keep a secret who he was, which would be the worst kept secret ever, but in which case a much more anonymous user name might be better :default_rofl:

• Like 1

Anonymity of forum titles is an odd one. My history includes the old AM CB. where real names (or "personals" as they were called) were never the norm. I used the handle "Pommie" back then.

Forum names for sites like this one, originally came about for matters of security, given that it would not be unusual for members to say when they were coming up to the Broads. A gift to house breakers.  

Using ones given name as a forum ID is OK if you are blessed with one of the more unusual ones, but I would more likely end up as "John 47". I prefer Maurice Mynah. (The origins of that one for me go way back. )

I know and have met Meantime, his choice for Anonymity is no more, no less valid than anyone else's 

For me, I like handles  they go with boat names. Who would  call their boat "Aquafibre 42" eh?

• Thanks 3

If it's the one I'm thinking of then there were a set of Highliner (35 I think) mouldings that were bought by someone who worked at Alphacraft to use as a liveaboard.

Internally, it had a very rudimentary fitout and not all glazing etc was in place nor indeed most of the usual systems one would expect.

I would think it's that boat. Would probably make quite a good purchase to be gradually fitted out profesionally and put into the fleet.

• Like 2

Right here goes 🤣 it’s an alpha 42 we have purchased that’s never been fully fitted out , it’s needing a full refit , it’s been sat outside for a long time hence it being quite black and green , unfortunately when I added this profile I didn’t think I needed to quote all my businesses in the username 🤣 hope this clears all the questions up 😂

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

So now we have established there was no fire maybe it's time to start speculating about how the fire didn't start and what didn't cause it so we can all avoid not having fires in the future. 

I'm guessing it didn't have a cheap Chinese heater that wasn't poorly fitted that failed to burst into flames due to it not having a supply of fuel and lack of volts, both lacking down to it not existing.

Who's next?

• Haha 3