River Toll - 2024 - 8:5% Increase

10 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

I will shortly have to pay my toll for A Frayed Knot, to cover next year.

Being on the River Great Ouse it comes under the Environment Agency rather than you guys who are under the BA.

Our increase is only up 2% from last year (I believe it went up 4% last year), but the toll is higher than the The Broads to start with.

We are charged by boat length, not area, and I will be paying £609.86 (being 29ft, so in the 7.5m - 10.0m band)

For comparison, mine is £517.16 for the same size boat.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

For comparison, mine is £517.16 for the same size boat.

So nearly £100 less than me, and I couldn't navigate for the whole winter even if I wanted to or was in the water

The river has been on "strong stream advice" flood alert for pretty much the whole period. Even if I ignored that (at my peril) the locks were either closed or reversed, meaning the doors both ends are held open to allow flood water straight through, so passage through is not possible.

We loved the Ouse but prefer the Broads as using the locks and queuing is a problem lots of very long thin cruisers that unless handled well aren't compatible with our plastic jobby.

Cost would be insignificant as we live south so would soon burn a hundred quid getting to and from.

The Thames is virtually a canal now so we hope that The Broads will remain our cruising waters until we finally anchor. 

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 3

I have today paid the Blessed Authority £405:00 for a 28 x day visitor toll for 'B.A'

It commences on 01st Apr through to 28th Apr when we must pay the balance for the remainder of the year - £333:80. 

We are supposed to display the visitor toll sticker whilst out on the rivers – We ain’t gonna bother, :default_smiley-taunt014: besides it won’t get to me in the post now until Saturday at the earliest and I’m away shortly from today till Monday then home 

Griff

Paid my £849 last week.  The visitor tolls are crazy prices though, surely 1 month should be 1/12 of the annual cost with maybe 10% for admin.

Sounds like the BA want to discourage short term visitors.

35 minutes ago, NeilB said:

Paid my £849 last week.  The visitor tolls are crazy prices though, surely 1 month should be 1/12 of the annual cost with maybe 10% for admin.

Sounds like the BA want to discourage short term visitors.

That was my thinking, 1/12 plus admin.

• Like 3