Bad Day

Gracie

Hi John! I'm going to try and get to the meet up this year even if it's only a quick stop to say hi and meet a few of you,, I'm hopefully going to the Hampton meet up as well, I'm pretty bad at planning stuff, I make notes then forget where I put them, I'll have to check the dates again I did have them but can't find them, I'm having the boat out in the next week or two to paint the Hull and do topsides when it's back in the water so hopefully it'll all be finished in time for the meet up,,,,

Frank,,,,

• Like 2

Hi John! I'm going to try and get to the meet up this year even if it's only a quick stop to say hi and meet a few of you,, I'm hopefully going to the Hampton meet up as well, I'm pretty bad at planning stuff, I make notes then forget where I put them, I'll have to check the dates again I did have them but can't find them, I'm having the boat out in the next week or two to paint the Hull and do topsides when it's back in the water so hopefully it'll all be finished in time for the meet up,,,,

Frank,,,,

I think reading thiat, i must have some of your DNA...............

Regards to all .......................... Neil.

Neil! I used to be very indecisive but I'm not so sure these days, the extent of my planning is set out down the Ant and that's it, we may end up at Sutton, Wayford, Barton, Irstead, Ludham, or we turn left or right at the Ant Mouth, I have little reminder notes everywhere but never remember where I put them, I'm still finding measurement notes from a boat I owned around five years ago, I think I have Sometimers disease, sometimes I remember sometimes I don't,

Frank,,,,

:wave  well all ,i had my bad day last night, the bulb went in the dining room & it knocked the trip switch off, so i was in complete darkness, then remembered the torch hanging up in the kitchen, went to get it & the damn thing went dropped on the floor, i could'nt find so tried to find my other torch but it was pitch black, & i could.nt find the matches to light the candles to see with, then i remembered my other torch was in my suitcase in the wardrobe, so went hunting for it tripped up over some shoes & banged my head on the door, finally found the torch & some more lightbulbs,  i told my sister & she just laughed at me & said '  .....  WAIT FOR IT !!!!     you'll have a good laugh at this ,  she said, why did'nt you use your fone,   :roll:  :roll:    erm  derr  ,  becus i'm a plonker   :grin:   :grin:  lol.  lori

• Like 2

I think I've just had a good bad day!!!! in post 31 I mentioned I make notes a lot, mainly when I'm on the boat for jobs I need to do, what I need to do the job and measurements, but I'm always loosing them, like a note for the measurements for the slats for the rear bunk I will be doing this week, now I was sure I'd put it under the clock ready for this weekend but it wasn't there, I look in my junk draw in my cupboard and anywhere I though I may have put it, Judi pipes up "what you looking for now" I tell her the note I left under the clock! Judi says I havn't seen it, I say it was on a yellow post it! I put it there the other day! dunno says Jude, I go out shopping and when I get back Jude says is this what you were looking for, that's it says I where was it??, in the junk draw in the kitchen she says, I say how did it get there I put it under the clock, Sheepish Jude! I must have put it in there when I was doing the housework, Now as I watch CSI I think there's a clue here! I go to the kitchen draw loads of junk and one brown manila envelope with Frank written on it, another clue! I open said envelope and inside is all my post it's and notes going back at least a couple of years, evidence in hand I say to Jude "what's all this then?" Jude! Oh those bits of paper? I put them in there when I clean up I get fed up seeing them around so put them in the envelope so I know where they are, Ok says I! so how come you didn't know where they were when I asked you earlier, classic Jude remark, "Oh I forgot!", at least I now know my brain hasn't gone AWOL, but I think I'll check the draw again I'm sure Judes brain is in there somewhere along with all the other stuff,

Frank,,,,,

You certainly can't beat a junk drawer Frank.... We have one at home one on the boat....its the best place to put things then forget about putting it there.... although I think a junk cupboard could hold a little more.

Or if all else fails in our household, HWMBO loses something.  I say 'look on the floor', lo and behold there it is.

Clutter - not allowed!

My mobile vanishes for a pastime, but reappears when using the landline to phone it.

Keys and glasses?  Don't ask - that is when a not too bad a day turns into a nightmare!!

SueH

smilie_girl_205.gif hi all , well my hubbys bad day just beat mine lol, he went out to get some car parts from a breakers yard , & set the satnav as it was in another town, & the satnav did"nt help much as IT could'nt find it either, so neil took a few detours & still could'nt find it , anyway , the satnav had an american voice on it, & it decided to have a tantrum, it said, & your not going to believe this but it's true, it said'.... if you take any more detours i'm going shut off, & it did,rofl.gifrofl.gif lori

Had my bad day yesterday! went to the boat to sort out a few bits before it comes out of the water, thought I'd get it pumped out as well, get round to the pump out, engine revs like mad as we get there and clouds of smoke, try to shut the engine off but couldn't, quick lift of the engine cover thinking the throttle cable might be stuck but no, then notice lots of oil coming out of the oil filter on the side of the engine and the engine bilge full of oil, suddenly the engine cuts out, tried a restart and it fired up so managed to get it in the pump out bit, stuck a couple of litres of oil in because that's all I had, engine fired up first time and run like normal, spoke to David and he had a look and from what he said it could just be the oil pressure relief valve got stuck, which he seems to think was the cause, if not it's engine out to find the cause which is going to be very expensive, he towed us back to our mooring and they are going to have a look at things on Tuesday, in some ways it was a good day because it happened in the marina and not when we were out and if it is the relief valve it shouldn't cost that much to repair, Tuesday will be the day I decide if it was a good or bad day when I find out what's wrong and the cost,,,   

Frank,,,,

• Like 1