Bad Day

Gracie

Why is it when one loses their keys as I did this morning some bright spark (my husband) asks "where did you lose them?" if I knew that, they would'nt be lost would they.

I did eventually find them down the back of the sofa, how they got there is any ones guess, but now late for work so having a really bad day. Is it just me or are any of you guys having a bad day?

Grace

Morning Gracie.

Sorry not 'South of the M4'.  Slightly duff weather but so far a very good day.  Perhaps will go downhill after aqua-fit later this morning ..................

Work always used to interfere with other things.

SueH

PS - I can commiserate - my keys always have this habit of finding themselves in places I cannot remember losing them.  HWMBO always asks the same question as yours and wonders why I get upset!

• Like 1

I know what you mean Dave I did try that this morning but it didn't work I was looking in all the wrong places  then hubby asked that question and I got cross Lol.

Frank, although I don't own a Boat yet, we have never had a bad day's holiday on our hire boats, once we were cruising along and it was raining with, howling winds and thunder and we absolutely loved it, going across Breydon in a storm is sheer magic, the choppier the better.

Grace

They used to say that it was the curse of the drinking classes.................

Nah am Tea Total....Now lol  :clap  I was very ill over a year ago, and made up my mind to be back on the Broads last September, and I did! I cannot fly yet, (Arms get sore trying) So I am more than happy to drive the 400 plus miles down to Norfolk. This being retired is strange though, I can never find time for all the things I wish to do.

cheersbar  Iain.

• Like 1

Im not retired YET..... still got 5 years to go and am planning to be finnished with all that work stuff when im 55.... but when i do im guessing the better half will find me stuff to do to stop me dissapearing to the boat whenever and however long i feel like it.

Such a shame she still has to work until she is 60.....haha only 12 more years.

Retirement sometimes sneaks up on you when you least expect it.

I was made redundant at an age where I could take the works pension so did.

Still 12 years before OAPension, but while we have our health & fitness we are going to enjoy everything we can.

SueH

The great thing about both being retired is we go to the boat for a weekend and end up spending most of the Summer on it, we usually go home for a couple of days, just to do the washing and check the flat, but I think I mentioned somewhere here that last year we were out  for 124 days and that's not counting the weekends we just sat in the Marina or helping my Daughter with her boat, Yup! it's a hard life being retired, :dance and I'll think of Alan and Grace every time I'm out now,,, :cry

Frank,,,

There are some really sick sadistick people on this forum (can`t locate smileys so lololol), i`l probably have to do an average of 55 hours a week over 5 1/2  days EVERY week for another 10 years before i`m able to retire, but then seeing as my pension is now OFFICIALLY only valued at 1/3 of its original forecast, being able to retire, and owning my own boat on the broads looks like it`s NEVER going to happen.

Regards to all ............................ Neil.

• Like 1

Neil! never say never! a lot can happen in ten years and you never know what's around the corner, I went from a six day week, working up to 12 hours a day and driving anything up to 1500 miles a week for crap money, to buying a Porta Cabin café, working seven days a week and anything up to 14 hours a day for crap money, then thought is it worth it, so sold the café and my house, paid off all the debts and mortgage, went into a rental flat and with what was left bought a cheapish doer upper boat, did it up and sold it on for a profit, put the money into a dearer boat and did the same thing, then bought my present boat which I did up with the profit I made on the previous one, The wife and me are both on State pensions and still manage to afford to run the boat, it's very tight but do able, I don't know how long we can keep it up, but as long as we can we will, life is too short,,

Frank,,,, 

• Like 4

I think can keep the boat about another four years before I run out of money, if all else fails I'll use my daughters boat, I don't know about syndicates it sounds good, but my boat is like an extension to my home and I don't know if I could share it, I'll just wait and see how things work out, I never give up until the Fat Lady sings and she's only humming at the moment,,, :D

• Like 3

Thanks John! you can't miss me on a Hampton 25 Called Crackers, I guess I've never been one to say "what am I going to do" I get off my bum and do something about it! even if it means changing my whole lifestyle, I learnt early on that sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get what you want, at least I have three or four years to work something out so I can keep the boat even if it's a part time job, as I say who knows what's around the corner, I tend to see good even in bad situations and think everything happens for a reason, Guess I was lucky to be born an optimist, even the worst way I can sell this boat and buy a cheaper doer upper one and still have enough left for an extra couple of years boating,

Frank,,,

• Like 1