Hunky Dory Norman 20 is now on the broads!

Woozle

Thanks to Jon and Teresa at Wayford Marine Hunky Dory is now on the River Ant. Hunky Dory is a norman 20 and has come from Fenny Compton on the Oxford Canal near Banbury where we purchased her. Her former cruising ground was the Trent where we believe she was fitted with a higher roof and hard top. We brought her down to Kent, initially to the submarine yards in Chatham where she was dwarfed. Whilst the yard was covered and dry, commercial ship repairs where prioritised so we brought her to Ashford for a year to repair the rotten woodwork, sort out the bottom, rewire, build a new galley and make good many repairs.

There is a little work left to be done including steering and engine service, but we hope to be cruising imminently!

Specs of Norman Cruisers are at http:\\www.normancruisers.com.

Look forward to seeing you soon!

post-30156-0-63787500-1403563318_thumb.j

Welcome to the forum!

She looks really good and has certainly already seen alot of the UK from your story there!

Hopefully she is now happy in her new home in norfolk! (I'm sure she will be!!) and hopefully you can get out and enjoy her!

Happy cruising!

Welcome from us two.We had a Norman 20 when we started boating years back.refurbished her ,even made a new hood from the pattern of the old one.Had great affection for her and was sad to see her get neglected by the new owner.hope you have as much fun as we did.

The goose? sounds like there could be a story ...

Ziggy prowls the boatyards. He has a bit of an attitude. I am sure you will have a run in at some time. He decided to guard my car once and didn't like me going near it. I did win in the end but it did cause some amusement to the others around the yard at the time.

• 1 month later...

goose ...guard .....grrrrrrrr.............

watch the really bad attitude orf that ole big mouth bloke across that ole yard he is nasty to cross...................

be warned be warned ........................

police  are always there  too

bit dodgey I reckon ....................