Tan & I on the Broads from tomorrow morning

Tan and I will be setting off at sparrow cough tomorrow morning, aiming to be down at Brundall for 9.30 breakfast stop permitting.

Looking forward to back on the Broads. So if you see the boat from tomorrow morning until the 22nd July it will be us onboard.

The first job is to fix the Burgee mast to the forward rail and we will be fully NBN compliant and will not get into trouble from John for not flying the flag (i have heard he may still have a odd one for sale and is offering window stickers as a sweetner) :naughty:

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Thank you all.

We will be staying on The Southern Broads this time around, I am meeting one of our new owners tomorrow and have training session with another owner on Wednesday for most of the day.

Thanks Mark re the fender, sadly they do get damaged from time to time. I am taking some Fender Stockinet to recover the fenders.

The boat kit is now up to two x the large reusable Morrison bags, we also use these instead of suitcases which I can fit into the car easily.

Its about time we had some good weather on the boat, its not been so good the last couple of years, at one time there was some envy for our allocation dates.

Regards

Alan 

Hello Alan and Tan, I hope you have a great time out there on south river. We put our burgees on our Sweet Kingfisher, but we had to put it on the bow of the boat. She is moored back at Brundall at the old Eastwood moorings, but at the moment it is more like a building site.

Have a good time and look out for Alan as he will be out on our boat from Sat for a week.

Regards

Marina      :Stinky

Hi Keith,

When we went passed the Brooms filling station yesterday evening we saw, Lightning, Moonlight Shadow & Thunder were all in their moorings.

SueW introduced herself when we were moored at the Waters Edge for lunch after seeing Ranworth Breeze moored outside the pub.

The sky is somewhat dull this morning and hardly any wind in the Marina.

Yesterday the journey down the A17 was marred by speeds down to 20mph due to the powers that be deciding to top dress the roads in stages and closing roads overnight from 7.00pm to 7.00am, we hit these just after 7.00am. I guess that with the school holidays almost upon us this is then thought to be the ideal time for this type of work. The same can be said for the same can be said for the bridge works on the A47 at Kings Lynn (must keep myself in check, drifting into BOG).

The Little Chef we had planned on having Breakfast in was closed, so we had to endure a McDonald's, the last time I went in one of these was 30 years ago. It was bad then, so never again, We would have been better off having a bag of crisps and a can of pop.

We arrived in Brundall around 10.00am after a 4 hour journey including the conveyer belt stop!

Onto the boat to find a problem with the aft toilet pump, we had a valve kit fitted a couple of months ago. So off to Brian Ward's for a new pump (I have not found anyone who can supply the lock down handles) incidentally a full toilet is on offer at Ward's for £75.00 currently. I also needed a new fender.

Training again today and I have a list of jobs to do during the rest of the holiday.

Regards

Alan

Hello Alan,

Moonlight Shadow, has a sudden spare week and Lisa couldn't get the leave and I have two hospital appointments this week.  The warfarin one I could have cancelled for a couple of weeks, but the ankle one would have been difficult to re-arrange.  C'est la vie!

I have just heard a radio announcement about our favourite road the A17, it is very slow apparently - it is always very slow, it is just various degrees of slowness.  I never use it now, I would perhaps in the middle of the night as I have done once.

"I guess that with the school holidays almost upon us this is then thought to be the ideal time for this type of work."

I'll pull up a splinter and sit on the BOG bench with you!  Same over here, we live near a place called Martin Mere, similar to Slimbridge and Southport is only about ten miles away and so there is a fair bit of holiday traffic and up go the temporary traffic lights and so on.

I agree with Grace and Matt allow yourself some R & R time and let your hair down or take it off. :P Have some fun, goo on!

Keith ;)

• Like 2

Anno off topic but regarding breakfast food Alan, we now use Sainsburys new large store as you come into Kings Lynn its on the left at the roundabout canny miss it. The breakfast choice aint bad for the money either. Also cheapest petrol seen anywhere in the area.  I have words for the A17 but are NOT printable on a open Forum!!! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

P.S.To save ink lol. Keith, I hope you and Lisa have a brill holiday :Stinky  :wave

Hi John,

We will be setting off back home on Tuesday after staying to meet one of our owners so we can show them how to take down the canopy, their training last year was one of those wet days when the canopy had to stay up and the boat acted more like a yacht than a cruiser. So sorry we will not be able to see you, unless we catch you on the river Tuesday morning whilst we are refuelling and pumping out at the Broom's Fuel Station.

I hope you have brought the stock of burgee's with you, you can always sell them the way the ice-cream boats operate, the one on the Southern Broads has been doing a roaring trade this week.

Grace, Keith & Matt thank you for your concerns for my wellbeing, I quite like tinkering with boats and the Yorkshire man in me (Iain will relate to this) like to save the odd penny.

To be honest I have to do something whilst Tan is at the helm, we have hardly seen any yachts this week for the panic to set in; but the water was quit low on coming back down the Chet from Loddon.

Beware there is still something in the river between Maffetts and the 24 hour mooring, we did catch a number of objects even though there was about a metre under the keel.

After the storm of last night  (lasting a good few hours) we have awoken to brilliant sunshine.

Off up the river after breakfast for a relaxing couple of days.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 1