Road Accident Ludham

Timbo

18 October 2014

Police are currently on the scene of a serious road collision involving a pedestrian and a car in Ludham.

Officers were called to the scene on Johnstons Street at approximately 1.45pm this afternoon (Saturday 18 October) to reports that a car had been involved in a collision with a male pedestrian.

Emergency services including ambulance and air ambulance attended the scene. The male has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital by road ambulance and is described as in a critical condition.

The road remains closed at this time to allow officers to investigate the scene.

Anyone who witnessed this collision is asked to contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.

I'm afraid it's not very good news. Thoughts go out to family.

Update on serious collision - Lud19 October 2014

Police can confirm that a male pedestrian involved in a serious road traffic collision in Ludham involving a car has sadly died.

Officers were called to the scene on Johnston’s Street at approximately 1.45pm on Saturday afternoon (18 October) to reports that a car had been involved in a collision with a male pedestrian.

Emergency services including ambulance and air ambulance attended the scene. The male was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital by road ambulance for treatment, but sadly died earlier this morning

Most of the pedestrians walking around here are holiday makers, many visiting the pub; there are relatively few houses here.

Johnson Street sees vehicles achieve some staggering speeds with the run down the hill from Horning Upper Street.

I have always been very cautious walking along here to the pub (and more so walking back).

Sadly, now a young life has been lost and, as is typical in these things, the media is reporting that the authorities are looking into improving safety along this road.  Horse and  gate? Why does it always seem to take a tragedy to make things happen?

On another non unrelated tack, the new A11 road through Elveden has just a rope barrier central reservation which people are already up in arms about. Anyone remember the Attleborough bypass opening day long before it was dualled? A lorry jack-knifed and wiped people out. 

Such a sorry situation in Ludham. 

There is an article about it in the EDP

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/village_in_shock_after_12_year_old_boy_dies_in_ludham_crash_1_3812326

So sad for the family and everyone involved. As Andy has said the traffic goes very fast along that stretch and there is a bend near the Dog Inn which makes crossing very hazardous. I’ve visited the Dog on numerous occasions as its one of my favourite pubs but I also exercise the greatest care when crossing the road for that very reason. Sadly one of Lorraine’s dogs was run over a few years ago at probably around the same spot. It’s all very sad.