A bit of history from the 1990's

LondonRascal

I've just watched this great short video made for a GCSE in Media Stuides project back in 1993 of a family holiday on the Broads.

Compared to most historic videos one finds on You Tube, this is not that old, but notice how small the trolleys were in Roys, and when Sabina Marine was in the hire business amongst many other gems.

Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc7nM8pTVus

• Like 6

I enjoyed that. Yep technology has moved on light years. Savoy was showing its age even then but I spotted a few cruiser styles that are still plentiful now. A lot of the Broads sights look identical now and that's a good thing. Is that the same ice cream boat guy that's always been at Salhouse?

It was good that... taken just a year before I first had a Broads holiday.

I think that was probably Savoy's last year as I think it had finished by I came over the next summer.

Did look very dated, but I suppose twenty years is a fair time span and much has accelerated along since then.

I quite enjoyed seeing Water Gem (Bounty 27 AC) as I first remembered them from when I first saw them in Scotland in '89 and from my '95 Broadland holiday when they looked like in that video

Dan

Love these videos looking back on times gone by....... It looks like a different world (technology & video quality wise)

And looking forward to coming right back up to date with a new Captains Blog

Hope this is just the last of the year and not the final one full stop.

Hope all is going well Robin

cheersbar. David