Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

If you're at Womac don't forget to tell The Ladies that The Temple of Tat will be open in the morning and only a twenty minute cruise away. 

Good luck finding enough room to sleep on board and enough free board after their visit.

Leave  èm go with your credit card You know they cam be trusted :default_biggrin:

Have a great holiday all.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 1

We got to Gya about 40 mins before the top of the tide so was on a gentle flood.

Horsepower? That depends on the size & draft of your boat. To go up past yacht station during a full racing ebb I suspect it can flow up to 5mph, if your boat can manage 6mph on non flowing  water then you’ll manage - just.   ‘B.A’ can manage about 10mph and has 50hp on call

Griff

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Horsepower? That depends on the size & draft of your boat. To go up past yacht station during a full racing ebb I suspect it can flow up to 5mph, if your boat can manage 6mph on non flowing  water then you’ll manage - just.   ‘B.A’ can manage about 10mph and has 50hp on call

Thanks Griff, that's reassuring. A few times going north I've arrived before low water and by the yellow post felt like I'm being washed sideways followed by pushing so slowly to begin with I've wondered if I'll end up being forced astern.

• Like 1

Yesterday- stopped at Ranworth for a couple of hours, two of us had a breakfast at the Granery. Then onto Wroxham (6ft6”) stayed for supplies and dog swimming. Then onto Coltishall Lock for overnight all of us in t river. Most uncomfortable night onboard just too warm. Visited Recruiting Sargeant for tea

Griff

• Like 8

Now on river Bure heading towards Wroxham then Stalham. Had to stop at Anchor moorings for water as nearly ran out (Had an issue) 2x50p’s gave us about 500 Ltrs. It’s roasting hot already

Oh, btw- dredging works upriver of Wroxham, normal working hours (1030) not a soul in sight, it was Sam yesterday 

Griff

IMG_4447.jpeg

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Oh, btw- dredging works upriver of Wroxham, normal working hours (1030) not a soul in sight, it was Sam yesterday 

Griff

With the temperatures of yesterday , and today I would have thought they were outside of the working directive’s perimeter hence the lack of workforce 

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

I passed twice on my last trip, midweek a couple of weeks ago during work hours. No one there then either and it looks like the craft are in the same place. I presumed that’s their ‘mooring spot’. I suppose they can’t keep taking the machines up and down, so they just stay there when they’re off busy doing other things. 

• Like 1

Should originally been going home tomorrow. However now on our way. The heat especially at night has been somewhat of a challenge

Besides I’ve got a lot of clients / office work to do and Thursday morning off to Sandringham for a team shoot on Friday 

Griff

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

JT reports:-

Problem at Wroxham bridge chaps. 

Sorry to have to report that as we approached a vessel decided to come through the other way. 

I had to make manoeuvres to avoid it. I did my best in a crowded river. Lots of people watching from the bridge saw what happened, so we have witnesses.

The problem that all this caused was that I was already playing our compulsory bridge music and by the time I actually got through it was the wrong tune. :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Griff

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

JT reports:-

Problem at Wroxham bridge chaps. 

The problem that all this caused was that I was already playing our compulsory bridge music and by the time I actually got through it was the wrong tune. :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Stuck in the Middle With You, by Stealers Wheel ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7