Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

39 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

I'm pleased that Broad Ambition has only a Slight knock on her Stern end, but Griff must be a pig Sick replacing the Whole flagpole each time as he needs to carry a Spare One in the future.

Maybe Gracie has a few spare broom sticks that can be modified for the task :default_hiding:

• Haha 5

We've been messing oursens around a tad of late regarding the bookings diary for 'B.A'

Months ago we had booked in a week afloat for friends of ours beginning next week on the 23rd Sept. (A couple we met in 87 whilst serving over in Norway and have been firm friends ever since.)

Then, the beginning of August after been mucked around somewhat he was finally diagnosed properly - Pancreatic cancer - Nightmare :default_shocked1animated:

Move forward to now and his second dose of chemo was due week commencing 23rd Sept - All change, ring clients move them back a week (They were understanding) bring our planned trip forward a week to avoid his treatment date - I did of course suggest cancelling the trip but they insisted that was not happening as this was the only remaining short term goal they had to look forward to.  Me wanting to help then said I would drive to them and taxi them both there and back saving them having to drive (They live near to Bourne)

So we are all set to crew up this Wednesday evening, or we were till Thursday of last week - Complications discovered means he is now in hospital with not a prayer of being discharged this week let alone visiting the Broads

We then offered to stay at there place supporting his wife and visiting him daily in hospital.  That was declined. I was of course then looking at cancelling our time onboard until he stated that he was feeling low enough as it was without being the cause of cancelling a planned trip onboard and insisted both me and MrsG go.  So we are effectively check mated.  Crewing up a day later now this Thursday evening through to Sunday evening.  I just couldn't bring mysen to invite anyone else in their place - Just wouldn't be right, not even Grandsons - Besides they are in school

So a four day break just the two of us and Purdey dog.  It won't be the best of times afloat but better than anywhere else to reflect on our friends predicament and keep him in our thoughts.

Griffs Corner will get pushed on, fishing, Purdey walking, probably eating onboard every evening as we won't be in the best frame of minds to be eating out on our own when there should have been the four of us :default_sad:

I hope Richo's will have completed the repairs by Thursday

Griff

• Confused 1
  • Sad 10

Sorry to hear about your friend Griff, by going ahead with your trip you are giving him peace of mind that he hasn't spoiled things for others, that will be very important to him. Once again respect for your compassion 🍺

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Richo’s have been in touch this morning, looks like October for repairs to be fully completed as they are proper busy, I’m ok with this as our damage isn’t a boat ‘Stopper’ They have had four private craft damaged just last week plus thee of theirs damaged by bridge ‘Pilots’ at Wroxham.

Some self help is now on the cards, no surprise there then :default_rolleyes:

Griff

• Like 7

I pray 🙏 your Friend will get better soon. I know what it is like as I'm in the same predicament with my own health issues of going up to Norfolk now and going on Holiday soon not on a Boat though bah but I have to go back into the Hospital and Surgery once again to sort out my Health issues. I will make the most of my Birthday Holiday up in Norfolk 

• Like 7