Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

It was Barnes Staff pointing out we were too long. Then a river ranger came tootling past and said the same. I got away with it though (Naughty I was in the wrong)

Now all three craft ‘Rod Stewart’ bound for as far as sunlight allows down t Bure

Griff

• Like 4

Andrew, It is a condition of planning when Barnes applied to install the pontoon that no boats longer than 30ft can be moored there because the river gets very narrow there. It is also a high traffic area with the large trip boats and day boats flying about.

I don't suppose the owner of Abigail moored opposite with about 60 fenders down the side is too impressed when longer boats moor there.

• Like 2

I tend to think the 30 foot limit is too strict, the river there isn't that narrow so the planners were being over-cautious. I can understand Barnes not wanting to fall foul though.

Sorry Griff, I'm probably being thick but no idea what the Rod Stewart reference means.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

I tend to think the 30 foot limit is too strict, the river there isn't that narrow so the planners were being over-cautious. I can understand Barnes not wanting to fall foul though.

Sorry Griff, I'm probably being thick but no idea what the Rod Stewart reference means.

Sailing 

or maybe they all have “ hot legs “ 😅😅

• Like 1