A growing suspicion.... :)

Polly

just wondering if we have a streak of royal blood in the Forum.

They say genes will out, or something like it...now here is my 'evidence'. :)

A certain member is known to have loyally served in the Grey Funnel Line, but

1. Indulges in grouse shooting

2. Made himself right at home on the Royal Barge

3. Has been known to graciously attend a Royal Garden Party.

4. Sails, yes he does, and may have even been to Cowes

5. Unshakable faith in the superiority of his place of residence

It just needs a share in a racehorse IMHO others may be able to support or disprove my hypothesis:

Maybe a few generations back a royal personage mingled with the hoi poloi and we get to experience the outcome!

• Like 2

I think I know who it is but I am not telling, thing I will say is that for a Royal sort of person...... one tells awfully bad jokes

And just for the record Broadly speaking of course this person has fulfilled a lot of his Ambitions and is quite the handsome sort of gent,  yes ok JM I know he's married :naughty:

Grace

• Like 2

Whoa there:-

Served in the Grey Funnel Line                                         -                   Guilty as charged

1. Indulges in grouse shooting                                           -                   Guilty as charged
2. Made himself right at home on the Royal Barge            -                   Guilty as charged
3. Has been known to graciously attend a Royal Garden Party.  -         Guilty as charged
4. Sails, yes he does, and may have even been to Cowes          -         Guilty as charged
5. Unshakable faith in the superiority of his place of residence   -         Guilty as charged

---------------------------------------------------

1.  Actually it's 'Driven Game shooting' never been on a Grouse shoot but I live in hope - Had last day of the season today as it happens (Pheasant on the menu this coming week) so from now to October it will be 'Lamping' / Pigeon / Clay shooting

2.  Right place right time - Lucky I spose, was just as impressed if not more so crewing MTB102 for the weekend

3.  Holyrood house to be precise, Introduced MrsG to her Maj that time, spoke with Her Maj previously years before too.  Had tea with HRH Prince Charles for over an hour, (Four of us).  Danced with a foreign Queen at a royal banquet / party - In fact I got 'Nominated' (Read ordered) to take said queen for first dance to enable the other vip's to take to the floor - nearest I got to dying in public in case she said 'No' and arguably the most frightened I have even been whilst having a Lady of her statue in my arms

4.  Cowes but more impressivly (For me ) was ail racing at Royal yacht clubs abroad representing the RN (Again - right place right time)

5.  Of course

---------------------

Never owned any part of a racehorse but been to the races at Donny a few times, notably the St Leger.  I used to be quite an acomplished horse rider but nowadays prefer a different kind of horsepower (Tiger1050)

Helicopters?  Been a passenger in too many types to mention but yes did get 'Hands On' flying a RAAC Gazelle

Ambitions fulfilled - yes quite a lot of them - just been lucky I guess, right place right time

So nowt to do wi royalty whatsoever, or any other form of aristocracy come to that  -  As any of you have met me will know, and will soon realise when we do meet for those that haven't!

Therefore my dear Lady Wordsworth - your suspicions are unfounded

But I do owe you a :kiss all the same

Griff

• Like 6

Whoa there:-

Served in the Grey Funnel Line                                         -                   Guilty as charged

1. Indulges in grouse shooting                                           -                   Guilty as charged

2. Made himself right at home on the Royal Barge            -                   Guilty as charged

3. Has been known to graciously attend a Royal Garden Party.  -         Guilty as charged

4. Sails, yes he does, and may have even been to Cowes          -         Guilty as charged

5. Unshakable faith in the superiority of his place of residence   -         Guilty as charged

---------------------------------------------------

1.  Actually it's 'Driven Game shooting' never been on a Grouse shoot but I live in hope - Had last day of the season today as it happens (Pheasant on the menu this coming week) so from now to October it will be 'Lamping' / Pigeon / Clay shooting

2.  Right place right time - Lucky I spose, was just as impressed if not more so crewing MTB102 for the weekend

3.  Holyrood house to be precise, Introduced MrsG to her Maj that time, spoke with Her Maj previously years before too.  Had tea with HRH Prince Charles for over an hour, (Four of us).  Danced with a foreign Queen at a royal banquet / party - In fact I got 'Nominated' (Read ordered) to take said queen for first dance to enable the other vip's to take to the floor - nearest I got to dying in public in case she said 'No' and arguably the most frightened I have even been whilst having a Lady of her statue in my arms

4.  Cowes but more impressivly (For me ) was ail racing at Royal yacht clubs abroad representing the RN (Again - right place right time)

5.  Of course

---------------------

Never owned any part of a racehorse but been to the races at Donny a few times, notably the St Leger.  I used to be quite an acomplished horse rider but nowadays prefer a different kind of horsepower (Tiger1050)

Helicopters?  Been a passenger in too many types to mention but yes did get 'Hands On' flying a RAAC Gazelle

Ambitions fulfilled - yes quite a lot of them - just been lucky I guess, right place right time

So nowt to do wi royalty whatsoever, or any other form of aristocracy come to that  -  As any of you have met me will know, and will soon realise when we do meet for those that haven't!

Therefore my dear Lady Wordsworth - your suspicions are unfounded

But I do owe you a :kiss all the same

Griff

Her Maj is all well and good,  but remember  i am the one true queen around here lol

x

• Like 2