How the other half lived.

JennyMorgan

The sailing club films are wonderful :)

Coincidentally, I created a Norfolk Broads on Film section for the website last week which gathers together all of the old cine films I've uploaded to the Broadland Memories YouTube channel and links to the various playlists of other old Broads footage which I put together on there. All divided into the individual decades between the 1930s and 1990s. The film side of the archive is growing steadily and I thought I ought to make more of a feature of it on the main website rather than just the simple link to the YouTube channel that I did  have http://www.broadlandmemories.co.uk/page338.html

I also uploaded the first of a collection of films taken by one family over the course of 20 years of holidays on the Norfolk Broads which very kindly were given to me - this one is from 1965

I am now able to get a bit of time to myself again, so I've made a start on working on the website again, albeit in a more limited capacity than before ... but it's a start. There will be more new films and photos to come in the coming months. I also have further films which I haven't even viewed yet, let alone had digitised.

Carol

• Like 2

love this the early boot sin dil look like some peggs a,m i rite  please fell free to correct a numptie.....

briliant vid 

best bit i like when chap gets told by wifee that the camera is on him ..so quick as a flash he puff s out  his chest and sets  about a pose ..like loike lokike .............

i think my me matt will  like this one this one ,come doug what are you ...............also this and been forwarded to london too .....

Very nostalgic. Wouldn't it be nice if we could turn the clock back. I remember the 1950s, when I was growing up, life was so much slower in those days. But it is nice to look back as to what it was like back then.

Yes Geoff, I too enjoyed my childhood in the early 50's. Happy days indeed. :)

cheers Iain.

Back in the 1950's I was shunted off to boarding school at a place called Taverham Hall, on the banks of the River Wensum in Norfolk. Curtailed my boating a bit during term time but the fishing was wonderful, so very privileged to have some of the finest roach and dace fishing in England at that time on hand.