London Jolly for The BA?

kfurbank

This NatParks disease is catching! There's an 'original' and then someone cobbles together a cheap imitation with National Park written on it!   :naughty: Sorry, couldn't resist it hit my chuckle spot. :grin:   

Although I have to admit that is one of my favourite Broads Paintings Strowy.

This NatParks disease is catching! There's an 'original' and then someone cobbles together a cheap imitation with National Park written on it!......

"Cobbles together" ??

Must try harder..... :)

post-195-0-03595900-1423899152_thumb.jpg

Oh dear, the folks frae Northampton may have summat to say to the that Collins lot with the explanations. I can see it now at their football ground, come on you (*********) nope I aint going to type that last word! :norty:  :naughty:​ 

For those that don't know, their Nickname is the Cobblers, NOT that other word! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Andy, if you attend the meetings the offers are put out there just no one accepts...

They don't have to be big amounts, for example, the 'Love the Broads' scheme, we sell a book on walks written and illustrated by a local writing group, We  give £1 from each sale to this charity. I am not sure if you are involved with this but quite a few local businesses are

if you think it is 'lop sided' with regards to the BA then how about doing something with other operators to promote the Broads or donate some cash to a cause of your choice?

We are not on a crusade to do the work no one else will do but it appears that most people are happy to sit back and watch us spend the money then piggy back on what is achieved.

Peter,

The Hire boat Federation is funded via the BMF and has limited cash.

What meetings? With there being four very large operators out there and Barbara Greasley being very active in the Tourism scene, I find it difficult to appreciate why you are the only ones to do much of this.

We are members of Love the Broads - joined last year.

I wasn't trying to imply that you are on a crusade. Actually, I admire what yuu are doing as there are three other large operators who could so easily be involved and don't seem to be.

It's more that we aren't invited to be involved. Would be happy to work with other operators, in fact, as you know Clive, I believe that it is long overdue that a proper Broads Boat Booking company owned as a partnership of it's members, was re-formed.

The Federation is not the vehicle to do this but from the discussions I have had with JP on this, it is ceratinly something that the BA would support. However, that in itself would cause deep distrust amongst some operators.

• Like 1

Broads Tourism meetings,

Broads Hireboat Federation meetings, 

I think the boatyards would struggle to get a mutual agreement as despite us all getting along in the main there is the fact that there is competition between us as there are not enough customers to go round, hence the push to introduce new customers and not compete over the existing.

operators have differing models, some expect the agent(s) to do the whole job, some don't have an agent, and some have an agent (or two) but still promote themselves, it is entirely their choice 

• Like 1

As the show is sponsored by The Telegraph, wonder if an impromptu protest would make it's pages? :smile:

Now what would saturday morning be without a good conspiracy theory...

As headlines of journalists leaving the Torygraph over the hushing of news stories affecting advertising clients, particularly certain banks that the owner owes millions to and removed their advertising account after an investigation into tax avoidance, hit the airwaves this thread was jangling at the back of my mind for a few days.

Sadly Kfurbank, I don't think any protest would have graced the pages of the Telegraph...well not unless they owed the protesters money...or we took out some serious advertising in the Torygraph.

• Like 2