Any up to date info on the following

Chelsea14Ian

This location need to get the locals in year round which by car would be the younger side downside is boaters want a quite mooring.

But the owners need year round trade so something like a 168 diner etc or place that can cover for different punters different nights ie biker cafe one evening or 2 evening a week. Could even arrange a boat night i.e. "Tide is Right" for north /south meet nights when the tide is right for cross to meet up to return next day.

Ok can't please everyone but I've been coming down 7 years and it's been 2 or 3 places in that time.

This trip (14-28 Feb 2015) it appears that the Nelson in Reedham and the Berney Arms are still closed.  The Berney is up for sale and the Nelson was up to rent.  But the sign had mysteriously disappeared on the Nelson overnight when we were there.  It may be back again when we go through on Wednesday.

Reedham's post office was open.

Don't know about the Stracey Tapas Inn.  The Stokesby Ferry Inn was open and we were given an excellent welcome, with Rosie being given a doggy bone.

Sue, Martin & Rosie

As of last week the Stracey was very much closed and looking a bit neglected. Have some photos I can post later.

Latest info I heard on the Nelson is that the folks who have the recruiting sergeant and Ship have taken the lease on it.

I also heard from a reliable source that the Berney has been sold.

Hello Poggymale, sorry are you saying that the Hermitage restaurant has closed?

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

Mum were have you been? The guys in the hermitage retired and the tapas owners moved there.. Probably a good move for the tapas as I bet the overheads were too much in the other place..

Good news on berney and the nelson.  The nelson was a good pub, it will be good to get back in there.

One day my harvester restaurant idea will take on stacey..!  

• Like 2

Mum were have you been? The guys in the hermitage retired and the tapas owners moved there.. Probably a good move for the tapas as I bet the overheads were too much in the other place..

Good news on berney and the nelson.  The nelson was a good pub, it will be good to get back in there.

One day my harvester restaurant idea will take on stacey..!  

If I new I wouldn't ask, but saying that the Tapas has taken over the hermitage :shocked  I just hope the food is a lot better than it was at the old place, because that was rubbish  :naughty: .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

Re the Stracey Arms (ex Tapas) we had a look as we passed last week. The building was deserted and looking a bit run down. No sign of life but there was no for Sale or to Let signs that I could see, although it may well be advertised somewhere.

Shame because it is on what must be one of the busiest roads in Norfolk.

post-38-0-65518300-1424777550_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-88562000-1424777562_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-69633200-1424777597_thumb.jpg

post-38-0-85850700-1424777619_thumb.jpg

• Like 2