Boats on The River

Hylander

On a trip up to Norwich yesterday (by road)  we passed a Silverline on the river at Beccles as we passed over the bridge there and another moored in the YS at Norwich.    It is good to see the boats and holiday makers on the river once more.     All we need now is some decent weather.

• Like 5

I have just re read my post.   It should have read -  it is good to see the boats and holiday makers on the river ..  etc.   Unfortunately it will not let me edit.

Gosh not long and you will be joining them.   Have a really good holiday.

• Like 1

The weather has been pretty good, really. A warm winter, some very fine days recently too have seen me in shirt sleeves only. 

We've had boats running since the start of February; gently easing the fleet back to full capacity. 

So far, we have had Song, Spirit, Fair and Lady on hire. Absolute gets its first outing today and is busy over the next three weeks. 

We have yet to recommission Fine, Tranquil or Rambling, but all are in the pipeline. Sweet too, but she's still being repaired and painted. 

• Like 5

There's a Silverline moored on Oulton Broad at the Yacht Station at the moment (lucky devil) to be honest we have never hired from Silverline, they do look to be cracking Boats, which leads me to ask which one have you hired David? Sorry, just can't help being nosey Lol

Grace  :kiss

• Like 1

Hi Grace

We've gone for Silver Elegance this time ......really pushed the boat out this time (pun definitely intended)

We usually go for the older boats but decided to go top of the range for once to give Mam a luxury holiday...... We also wanted to come South this time as we usually go North then we'll be back in September to Richardsons on Broadland Mercury.

Can't wait

David

Good to see things are getting busy for you Andy

• Like 1

Wow, just had a look very posh indeed and three bathrooms.......I reckon you've got room for another little one, I happen to be quite small  :naughty: Lol

Grace

Gracie, I beg to differ. There are four bathrooms, mustn't forget the one in which the boat floats!! Might be a bit cold at this time of the year though.

• Like 1

Grace

You'd be very welcome but reading on from other threads I'm not sure if it has enough shoe storage lol

We booked it last April the day after we got home from our first trip since Dad died and mam had enjoyed it so much.. She was 84 two weeks ago so we decided to try and see how the other half live for a change

David

• Like 1

Gracie, re shoes, at this time of the year all you need is a pair of deck boots or half wellies for daytime and a pair of sandals or slingbacks for the evening. Come Easter then you can go native where it's either bare feet or a half decent pair of walking sandals. 

Gracie, re shoes, at this time of the year all you need is a pair of deck boots or half wellies for daytime and a pair of sandals or slingbacks for the evening. Come Easter then you can go native where it's either bare feet or a half decent pair of walking sandals. 

They really know how to push the boat out in dresswear in Oulton Broad...eh JM? :naughty:

cheers Iain.