Nelsons coming back to Norfolk

Boaters

Just heard on BBC radio Norfolk that Nelsons column is to be relocated to Norfolk at Pensthorpe ,his home land,where he can look out to sea ?? only need approval from Boris and it will be started.Me thinks this has something to do with the date ?.

• Like 4

OMG that's fantastic news, Nelson coming home to Norfolk, how wonderful will that be for Locals and Holidaymakers alike, can't wait to see that  :clap

Please Scroll down

I may be a bit ditzy but I ain't stupid, Happy April Fools Day everyone  :kiss

Grace

• Like 5

As the monument can only be transported in an upright position it will need a special trailer. I have heard that the load can only move at 1 mph and the M11 and A11 will be closed in sections for at least six weeks.

A highways agency spokesman said that due to Government cutbacks they can only afford to demolish affected road bridges and some may never be rebuilt.

• Like 3

Apparently, this route was considered but the demolishment of several historic bridges on the Thames to enable passage in an upright position was too big a loss to our heritage.

However, attaching sails to the column was considered to save fuel if this route was used.

• Like 2

Like the replies,there were a few good ones today,liked the one about Parking Eye offering Parking awareness courses as if ? Jeremy Clarkson going Green ? But there have been some crackers over the years.What was your favourite ?

That was excellent, thanks for posting guy's and I thought spaghetti came out of a tin  :naughty: Alan (Jaws) probably wants to know this as well but who's  Richard Dimbleby? Lol

Grace

I've heard of a David Dimbleby (I think)

This is for you Grace, a bit of light reading lol    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dimbleby

cheers Iain

• Like 1