Butterbumps

JennyMorgan

Aye up lad (I think that's Geordie talk) I'll be getting my binoculars out and looking for the flat capped one next time I'm there :naughty:

Grace

Careful Grace this is starting to get personal now lol

(although I'm not quite the falt capped version)

David

• Like 1

Any road up and aye by gum I would never intentionally insult anyone especially not you David but that Broadscot's cruisin for a bruisin Lol, I am sure you would look lovely in a flat cap

Blimey, I've got to go, family are arriving and I'm playing on here :shocked

Grace

• Like 1

Hi Grace,

Your saying below is more akin to myself, Griff (BroadsAmbition), Geoff (donnygeoff) than our Geoadie cousins. Yorkshire God's country as Griff says is flat caps, whippets and where sheep are nervous.

I guess you must have missed "Auf Wiedersehen Pet" with its three main Geordie character's Dennis (Tim Healy) Neville (Kevin Whately) Oz (Jimmy Nail) phrases such as seems like a canny place, well aye man, oh aye, well yer kna what they say etc.

"Aye up lad (I think that's Geordie talk) I'll be getting my binoculars out and looking for the flat capped one next time I'm there :naughty:

Grace"

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

I remember one time back in the day when Aufweidersehen Pet was first on tv (back in the 80s) and I was in Jaykells I think it was in Oulton Broad and the girl serving was trying to decide where my accent was from and she finally said "I know, your one of those Aufweidersehen Pet's

As an aside, I used to know Tim Healy before he was famous. He lived up the road and used to drink in the same pub......it got several mentions in the first series ( the pub that is)

David

• Like 2

I doubt whether we will see a Swallowtail when we are there in less than a fortnight, as it is usually late May before they appear and Norfolk is only one area of the country where these butterflies are known to frequent. Hoping to see lots of other wildlife and a good time to see some grebes performing their courtship dance, which is a joy to behold, if you have never seen it. Usually performed just after sunrise or late evening before the sun sets.

After spending a long weekend afloat and failing to see or even hear one, I was sitting in our conservatory this morning down here in Kent and one flew over our house. It was definitely a bittern, heading for nearby Romney Marsh, which is similar country to The Broads. Although the Marsh has no major rivers or standing water, it has many smaller dykes and reed beds and I know that there are bitterns at the Dungeness RSPB reserve.

You could have knocked me down with a feather!

cheers

Steve

• Like 2