Whoops!

JennyMorgan

I think all the holes were taped up earlier today, high water is at 1am or thereabouts when our Acle Tug will be on the scene, 

A navigational error as it says!.. 

this time last year we had one which rolled over when the tide went out as it was over the shelf.  all people safely off.  

• Like 3

I think all the holes were taped up earlier today, high water is at 1am or thereabouts when our Acle Tug will be on the scene, 

A navigational error as it says!.. 

this time last year we had one which rolled over when the tide went out as it was over the shelf.  all people safely off.  

So a long and chilly night is on the cards for then Clive?. They`ll earn their cocoa when they get back.

What surprised me was to read how you took them back and put them  on another boat. I hope they don`t phone again with some more bad news for you.

What surprised me was to read how you took them back and put them  on another boat.

What fantastic service from Richo's.

This can only show what a great company they are.

Great PR too.

If I was hiring again, then they would be first on my list.

From the holiday makers perspective, they must have been traumatised, but Richo got them to continue their holiday, and more likely will have a life long customer.

Excellent news.

• Like 9

I may have let slip on a couple of occasions my love for a certain Boat yard in Stalham, so it comes as no surprise that the Family were given another Boat and sent off to enjoy the rest of their holiday.

Well done once again Clive and Crew  :clap

Grace

• Like 6

The guys did us proud,  they arrived at 1.30 in thick fog after missing the boat by 15 mins and turning back.

this was at high water at Yarmouth but with a bit of gentle persuasion :naughty: she came off, thick fog all the way back to Acle but all safe and well...

it good to have the kit when you need it!

• Like 11

So glad to hear that the family were taken off safely and given another boat for the rest of their holiday. Hats off to Richardson's for excellent service. Glad we have booked with them, but we won't be going anywhere near Great Yarmouth, so don't panic Clive, your boat is safe with us!  :rolleyes:  

• Like 2

Geoff (And other potential newbies),  from the pictures it looks like the boat went the wrong side of the clearly marked channel, it's hard to do if you are paying full attention so please don't be put of coming south by this, The southern side really does need the visitors and it is an amazing relaxing place... Just keep to the clearly marked channel and you will be fine :)cheers

• Like 6

When travelling up from GT Yarmouth, I try and stay in the middle of the river as much as possible. The water can get very shallow near those posts at certain states of the tides. So pleased Clives team got it moving again. Well done to all concerned. :clap  :clap

cheers Iain.

• Like 4

Talking of shallow water near to the posts, a couple of years back, we were travelling from St Olaves at low water to cross Breydon, and several of the posts on our right as you enter Breydon, were high and dry clear of the mud, and even a boat length from the post there was barely enough water for our shallow draughted cruiser.

So the posts should only be treated as a guide.

Our fish finder, which is a great depth sounder is ideal for the Broads.

It works very well in shallow water with a resolution of 0.1 ft.

• Like 1

Geoff (And other potential newbies),  from the pictures it looks like the boat went the wrong side of the clearly marked channel, it's hard to do if you are paying full attention so please don't be put of coming south by this, The southern side really does need the visitors and it is an amazing relaxing place... Just keep to the clearly marked channel and you will be fine :)cheers

Not this year Alan, we want to do as much as the north as we can, but the south is definitely on the cards for 2016.

• Like 1