Enough is enough!

Timbo

That's it! I've had enough! Enough of solicitor's and social workers. Enough of documents to be read, and the 'Andrex' of endless forms to fill in. Enough of doctor's surgeries and officious receptionists who think they are more qualified than the GP. Enough of trying to think of professional ways to say 'get your thieving hands off' and 'try doing your job correctly'. Enough of paying more to listen to Vivaldi on the telephone than I would if I hired a damned orchestra. Enough of government agencies whose only goal in life is to hinder, while in the media a never ending parade of chinless, grinning idiots make promises they won't keep while asking for my vote. So...

...I'm off down to the boat on Thursday to annoy the hell out of Doug, Matt and ole 650XS with a stream of questions about boats and all things Norfolk. I need to listen to the clatter of stays on aluminium masts, the twitter of birds in the reeds and the 'boom' of the local wildlife calling 'Get orf my land'! I need to wave the hand I haven't nailed to the deck at passing hire boats, pay 20% extra in Tesco at Stalham than I would for the same product in Tesco at home. I need to sit behind a tractor on the A17, be surprised at how cheap the fuel is outside Gainsborough, and have the beagles barf in the back of the car. I need to drink beer and bottled water until I can reconnect the water system on the boat and then get my fill of organisms living in the boats water tanks. Smell river water, wood and diesel. See grebes. Watch for the otter. Take time out to watch the sunrise, the sunset, listen to the banter and jibes of friends. Just like ET what I need is to...'GO HOME' to Norfolk!

So look out Jon, Doug and Matt I will be arriving this Thursday!

• Like 21

Sorry Timbo old son your too early, this old codger aint down till the 4th May. Enjoy the banter of your friends at Wayford.Marina.though, I am sure will have some catching up to do on RT! :naughty:  Know doubt if he is free, MM will be along to give you advice in how to sort the country out! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Sorry Timbo old son your too early, this old codger aint down till the 4th May. Enjoy the banter of your friends at Wayford.Marina.though, I am sure will have some catching up to do on RT! :naughty:  Know doubt if he is free, MM will be along to give you advice in how to sort the country out! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Iain

I'm sure someone's bound to say it so I might as well get it in first

MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU !

:lineup:

I'll get my coat

• Like 8

Iain

I'll get my coat

Ah th'cuse the listhp but would thisth mean you would be the 'Firtht of Fourth'?

• Like 2

Been messing about with my old tub on its trailer in the front garden. Its been great in the sunshine. Won't  be long now until she is in the water, just a few little jobs to tidy up like the annual job of getting the hooter working and scrubbing out the cabin.

Then................Out on the water.  BLISS     :Stinky  cheers   :grin:

• Like 2

Iain

I'll get my coat

David  :clap  :clap  :clap  Yup and the 5th...6th....all the way to the 15th!  :naughty:

Have you got your coat yet? :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Deebee when you travelling down?

The road closure on A47 is suspended for bank holiday weekend. The other 2 it shuts about 8pm on the Friday.

Unfortunately it might still be slow through the road works.

We diverted off at Easton through the back roads North of norwich. Nice scenery and about extra 20 mins on journey. Some of the roads are tight but we saw bits of the outskirts of norwich we hadn't seen and kept moving.

Hi Mark

Thanks for that

Travelling this Saturday (25th) and home the Bank Holiday Saturday.

We will check out the Easton diversion, don't mind scenic country roads and would prefer that to being stuck in traffic.

We are hiring from Silverline and I keep hearing that they are a great yard but you never get away early so we should be ok.

We will be setting off on 30th at 6.30pm, Heading North via the evil Dartford Crossing, negotiating the M25, M11 and A11, sneaking past Norfolk's  border guards, who will hopefully be sleeping, just North of Elveden.  We aim to make Horning by 9.45, slipping into the New Inn for a swift pint, before moving on to our moorings and loading our gear onto the boat. We will be visiting the Horning boat show and hopefully catching up with friends, a few trips out on the boat and walking.  We plan to stay until the Tuesday after the Bank Holiday, which will make a nice long break.

Can't wait, Hope the weather gods smile on us.

cheersbar

Steve

• Like 1

Today is the day! I will be pootling along the A17 later this afternoon at speeds so slow I'll cause tailbacks that will last a fortnight just so I can enjoy the scenery...and annoy the lorry drivers.

• Like 6

Today is the day! I will be pootling along the A17 later this afternoon at speeds so slow I'll cause tailbacks that will last a fortnight just so I can enjoy the scenery...and annoy the lorry drivers.

Oh next fortnight Timbo, prepare to be mauled by two irate Scots lassies then lol You have been warned! :norty:

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Guess who's delayed...as usual! Still, an evening drive will mean not too much heat on the little dawgies!

Iain, I once tackled the ladies under 21 Judo champion from Glasgow...and her sister. I woke up in a hospital with a nurse stroking my forehead.
"You poor wee man wha happened?" asked the nurse.

"Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve."  I replied.

"I bet yer canna guess where you are?" the nurse asked.
"Suspense is worse than disappointment!" I answered.

"Well you are in the best place for what ails!" exclaimed the nurse.

"Dare to be honest and fear no labor?" I asked.

"You're in the Burns unit of course!"  :naughty:

• Like 4

Guess who's delayed...as usual! Still, an evening drive will mean not too much heat on the little dawgies!

Iain, I once tackled the ladies under 21 Judo champion from Glasgow...and her sister. I woke up in a hospital with a nurse stroking my forehead.

"You poor wee man wha happened?" asked the nurse.

"Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve."  I replied.

"I bet yer canna guess where you are?" the nurse asked.

"Suspense is worse than disappointment!" I answered.

"Well you are in the best place for what ails!" exclaimed the nurse.

"Dare to be honest and fear no labor?" I asked.

"You're in the Burns unit of course!"  :naughty:

That Timbo would have been the Jewish Hospital at Newton Mearns you be talking about, its the famous Rabbi Burns unit! :naughty:

I'll get my coat .....

cheers Iain

• Like 1