Back to the Broads

Gramps

After a winter of uncertainty, illness and a hospital stay, having now received the all clear from the powers that be, I will be back on the Broads with the lads in October, once again with Richardsons of course. This time it will be a week on Majorca 1.

We are hoping to venture south this time, in my case the first time for forty years so may have a few queries for you good people on here.

I have not posted much over the last six months, but I have been lurking in the backround keeping in touch with things so to speak. 

Regards

Ron

• Like 5

Hi Ron,

I had noticed you had been posted missing, however I am delighted to read you will be back on the Broads later this year on a class of boat I have hired before, I had Majorca 2. a few years back. If Number one is anything like the same set up you can hold a party in the shower room, its huge! Enjoy!

cheers Iain.

Hi Ron

I am so pleased you have been given the all clear and are on the mend. Am I right in thinking it's an all male party, oh dear, try not to run aground on Breydon :naughty: Also there be dragons in the South and they eat babies, so best not go lol, seriously, it's just as beautiful South as it is North in my opinion, hope you have a lovely time

Grace

• Like 3

Am I right in thinking it's an all male party

Hello Grace, yes I am afraid it will be an all male party same as last year, Me, my son and 3 of my grandsons, don't

think there will be any unruly behavior. Well there wasn't last year.

Always happy to be be pointed in the direction of a pub Iain.

Thanks for all the replies Guys glad to see this place is still friendly

Ron

• Like 1

Good to hear you are back Gramps! 

Firstly I disagree with Grace.. the North is terrible! I'm dreading going up there in a couple of weeks (reminds me I need to order a ton of bubble wrap)... The south is were you need to be.. as mentioned the south are proud to host the (bi?)annual dragon contest in norwich :huh: (normal for norfolk..!) so that alone is reason to visit! 

Hopefully we will see you about we should be out and about although I hope you lot aren't too rowdy, the south is a quiet peaceful area ;) 

Enjoy your trip and enjoy planning it :)

cheers

• Like 2

I had Majorca 2. a few years back. If Number one is anything like the same set up you can hold a party in the shower room, its huge! Enjoy!

Was this the 'bath with a friend' summer of '76 young Iain?

"It has to be the biggest shower area I have seen on a hire boat."

Yes Iain it certainly looks  spacious on the floor plan. We were on Dream Gem last year, same Hull I believe, the shower and toilet were housed together at the Stern end plenty of room there but Majorca has shower room and a seperate toilet, plus sleeping quarters at the stern end,