So how many of you watched Topgear last night on BBC2

I watched it, and there was some cringe worthy moments.

I felt the production team - especially the editors were doing things because they had to, not because they had fire in their hearts to make the usual highly polished presentation Top Gear is known for – the edit was very ‘so so’.

I am sure ‘those upstairs’ had sent strict orders on how the studio links should be conducted an the inclusion of the Elephant and the very tense delivery by both Hammond and May was there way of sticking two fingers up to the BBC – I felt the voice over the silent credits was purposeful and ruined the end.

However,  the show did need something fresh bringing to proceedings, but not a change of presenters just as I think Clarkson should not have lost his job but bee suspended without pay or other remedy that would not cause the show to end.

I will be happy if a deal is signed with Netflix because it will mean anyone would be able to watch the show and they will have more freedom than they would otherwise working for a mainstream broadcaster, the worst outcome I think would be a move to Sky who while may have the cash to give the trio would limit many of those (like myself) without Sky to see the show.

I think Top Gear will be like MySpace – a huge popular thing that is changed and then slips away into memory.

• Like 2

I watched it, and the studio being devoid of an audience, made it appear a bit of a BBC farce.

The Hamster and Captain Speedy looked well and truly like they didnt want to be in that studio. But i guess contracts had to be fulfilled by them.

Charlie

I agree with Robin, the hasty voiceover on the credits seemed deliberate, and a bit out of place.

If it was after that ordeal by mud that Clarkson hit the producer, I think the circumstances of taking him past his limits on the filming should have been considered. No and no I am not condoning what he did, but a suspension would have been fairer.

• Like 1

Totally agree Polly, Clarkson shouldnt have done what he did but in the heat of the moment everyone is capable of doing something stupid they may later regret, we all make mistakes and if you can hold your hands up to what you have done wrong like Clarkson did after the event then that should have counted for something.

• Like 1

For the die hard fans it's a sad day however .......

Like all sit coms that have gone on for too long the format was stale and most of the sketches predictable and a tad boring.

I feel for the fans however to go out with a finally resembling a faulty roman candle was embarassing.

Watching it, although the features were good it all seemed to be very sad.  At the end when they both said goodbye - an end of an era.  Will the new one on the beeb be the same - obviously not.  As good or better, remains to be seen.

SueH

Ive always liked Chris Evans but it feels to me like he is jumping into dead mens shoes, and theres something about that that I dont think is right really but I will give it a go. Who knows in a few years we could all be saying Clarkson May and Hammond who?

Just watched it on catchup I player and funnily the ending titles were sans the voiceover so I guess someone at the bbc decided it shouldn't be broadcast again...

Was fun to watch, it's format whilst predictable, ticks a few boxes and I quite like the boys getting stuck into (literally) in what they do, it hasn't been anything over than just a lads night out for them for many years, sad to see it go out like it did, but they had many enemies at the bbc and it was just the excuse they needed to reign it it, I'm sure none of them will be short of a bob or two and find if you'll excuse the pun another vehicle to carry them forwards...

As for Mr Evans never could get his appeal, but will probably watch it out of curiosity when it's aired.

Now where can I get a set of them wheels.....

cheers

• Like 1