Heat wave

Heat wave my a#se, we called it summer When I were a lad.

Told the old mother in law "the government says you have to stay out the Heat", she is in the cupboard until it is over. :)

Up on the boat off 15 nights on friday, bet normal weather resumes from Saturday. :(

• Like 2

Tomorrow will reach, dare I say it, 32 degrees. Time for the government to warn us not to go out in the sun ☀. Funny how we manage to go abroad without needing constant advice. Hotter than Hawaii, I shall cancel my work tomorrow and get the surfboard out on the Medway and play some beach boys music on my 8 track. Surf City here I come :)

On second thoughts, I will just turn up the aircon

• Like 3

checked the car earlier and it was registering 34 deg here, no aircon, all windows and doors open here at our office plus 2 big 18" fans going flat out to stir the hot air up a bit.

our new office has aircon downstairs (no heaters or windows) and heating upstairs (no aircon, but does have windows both sides) hoping to move in in about a week or so.

Grendel

Max recorded on the weather station here today in Holt 33.5 c

Car Was showing 32 c when picking up granddaughter from school in Briston thank goodness for BMW aircon

House stayed around 28 with fans running flat out, so no real drama, plenty of cold g&t in the fridge, sorted.

Checked boat today fridge running nicely cold beers, Magners, cold tonics and cold prosecco

And Few of those cold softie things

Looks like we may be sorted for the weekend.

cheers

Ray & Carole

• Like 1

Max recorded on the weather station here today in Holt 33.5 c

Car Was showing 32 c when picking up granddaughter from school in Briston thank goodness for BMW aircon

House stayed around 28 with fans running flat out, so no real drama, plenty of cold g&t in the fridge, sorted.

Checked boat today fridge running nicely cold beers, Magners, cold tonics and cold prosecco

And Few of those cold softie things

Looks like we may be sorted for the weekend.

cheers

Ray & Carole

Where did you say you were mooring?

I looked on the webcams for Oulton Broad and Wroxham both showed it was muggy with temperatures of 29C. In Sheffield we had a thunder storm it bounced down with rain but at one stage around 4.00pm the temperature was up to 36C.

It is still warm, I see the media have all gone over the top and no doubt the powers that be calling for drought measures to be brought into play. :naughty:

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

Well picked up granddaughter from school, she was very flushed and complained of feeling unwell

Bundled her into car, gave her a bottle of cold water, AC set at 16 c by the time we got home (15 mins) she was much perkier, don't think school are keeping them properly hydrated

Anyway mummy informed hopefully she will pass it on

cheers

Ray & Carole

Forgive me, I don't want to appear to be preaching but please can everyone be aware how dangerous this heat can be for the elderly and the very young, I learned the hard way when someone very close to me had a convulsion due to being de-hydrated, not a nice thing to see. Plenty of fluids, high factor sun cream and sun hats if you are out in it and find lots of shade where possible. Sorry folks, sermon over

Grace

p.s Do you think we can include wine in the "Plenty of fluids" advice? lol

• Like 1

I saw something shocking today. A young (ish) mother with a very young baby dressed only in a disposable nappy, in a pram, no shade on the child as the shade was being used to carry loose shopping and a purse. The child was screaming, and had sunburn. Local plod were already having words with the mother and calling for a car before I had chance to place a call to them. I could hear the mother shouting 'where am I supposed to put my f******' purse then?' at the WPC. Brain dead some people!

jillys tip for over heating when your out and about ...

head for the nearest supermarket and buy a bag or two of ice and while your there

linger on the freezer isle till you've cooled down.

when bilgefairy was young it worked a treat (they get tetchy when they get hot, don't they)

shes on her way driving to france to play her flute and folk dance :eek: from Sweden.

Sweden wasn't to bad but france will be hot hot hot

I arrived home last night after having playing snooker at our local community centre to find the family outside looking up at the clouds. It was still clammy, all the doors and windows open, so asked what's too do?

They had been watching the skies for a long while and were witnessing lighting in the clouds, no thunder at all, just a light show.

Regards

Alan