Berney Arms

DaveRolaves

We were outside the pub on Saturday evening at about 7 pm when we spoke to a lady who said that she was the land - lady, she was doing some work to get the pub ready for opening in two to three weeks, we didn't see any signs outside the pub then. Dave R...

It would interesting to hear what is happening to The Berney. Perhaps someone passing can stop and find out if the pub is opening.

When we spoke to the would be land lady she had already done a lot of work inside the pub to prepare it for opening and was looking forward to the opening date

I have it on good authority that the licence holder for The Berney Arms is Tim who owns & runs Greenjack Brewery in Lowestoft and until recently The Locks at Geldeston.This should please Howard who I think is a fan of Trawlerboys amongst other GJ beers.Also understand Greenjack beers are available in The Beauchamp and The New Inn Rockland. Nice guy Tim and good luck to him he deserves it.If your in Lowestoft pop in to his pub The Triangle-a proper pub with excellent beer

Boycee

• Like 1

Must agree with Alan here, I am indeed a big fan of Green Jack beers, they brew some superb stuff.  :grin:

However I am quite intrigued about the situation with Green Jack and possibly Alan or Keith might be able to clarify. As far as I know the Berney and the Beauchamp are owned by the same person. Now I am wondering if Green Jack have entered into some sort of agreement with him. I would be rather surprised if they have bought both pubs. I believe the disposal of the Locks and the Stanford Arms was as a result of a recent divorce settlement.

Its good to see such quality beers on the Broads – Trawlerboys was also on sale at the New Inn, Rockland recently, not sure if its still on.

I shall watch developments with interest!

Not quite sure what the arrangement is between the parties Howard but you are totally right about The Locks & Tbe Stamford Arms which Tim lost in the divorce settlement.

Will update you if I find out

Alan

• Like 1

Purple paint, ummmm, a woman's touch, it'll be curtains next!

Will it be spit & sawdust like The Locks? I like Tim & I like what he does to pubs. His team have proven that they can do it but I suspect that this will be his toughest one yet. I also suspect that it will all depend on the demands of the actual owner, unless Tim is now the owner!

Tim who owns & runs Greenjack Brewery in Lowestoft and until recently The Locks at Geldeston.. Nice guy Tim and good luck to him he deserves it.If your in Lowestoft pop in to his pub The Triangle-a proper pub with excellent beer

Boycee

Absolutely, Alan!

When we were moored at the RNSYC the Triangle was our first port of call every lunchtime!   cheersbar