Live Aid 30 years on

deebee29

It's amazing to think that it's 30 years today since the "Global Jukebox " that was Live Aid which got me wondering if any other members were on the broads that day.

I remember we had Cherry Willow for two weeks that year and Live aid was on the middle Saturday. I was (and still am) a big music fan and have seen many of the bands that were on the bill so made sure I had plenty of batteries for the radio ....no charging points or power supplies in those days.

It was a gloriously hot summers day (remember them?), we were on the Southern rivers and We listened all day. We moored at Oulton Broad If I remember right and we got a tv signal (black &white ) so was able to see Queen, U2 and many of the others.

I bought the Dvd set when it was released around 10 years ago and always remember that holiday when I watch it.

So where were you on the day? Was anyone else on the Broads that day?

• Like 3

I was at home in my little house (bought after my divorce)    I taped it on my VHS recorded (how dated is that)   I still have the tape somewhere with lovely Whitney Houston belting her songs out.     I loved every minute of it,     Do you remember Salt and Pepper?

• Like 3

I was at Wembley. Queen/Bowie & Dire Straits and the young lady stood next to me sans t-shirt & underwear were the highlights. Lowlights were Adam Ant (garbage)  and Led Zep (Utter Garbage) Patti LaBelle (I lost the will to live).

• Like 3

Honestly, I despair I really do, what's wrong with you lot, have you not listened to the legends that are Justin Beiber, One Direction......and I was mortified when JLS split :naughty: I am only kidding of course, I'm with Hylander on Whitney Houston, a beautiful voice and such a waste of a beautiful woman to die the way she did

Grace

• Like 2

Honestly, I despair I really do, what's wrong with you lot, have you not listened to the legends that are Justin Beiber, One Direction......and I was mortified when JLS split :naughty: I am only kidding of course, I'm with Hylander on Whitney Houston, a beautiful voice and such a waste of a beautiful woman to die the way she did

Grace

Hi Grace,

Beiber!!!! are you having a laugh or what?

Tan was devistated when JLS split.

I liked Whitney Houston but prefered Dolly Partions original version "Of I will always love you" it had a special meaning to Dolly being as she wrote it.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

Grace

Go wash yer mouth out with carbolic soap Grace x

• Like 3