Not the broads but definitely not good

The thing is, if you could get the thing up, it would probably be a freebie, as nobody will want to lay claim to it. I know it would be in a right mess, but after stripping EVERYTHING out, you have a set of bear mouldings for a project, after a total wash inside and out.of course.

Could this be the next project for Alan (Jaws Orca), and Dave?.

• Like 4

Posted Tuesday at 11:02 PM · Report post

My daughter was walking along the Thames at Shepperton and came across this. A real shame as it was once someone's pride and joy

There are so many scattered around the Norfolk Broads, aren't there? We always say/think exactly that when we see them.

In particular old wooden skeletons like that on the South side of Breydon upstream of Breydon Bridge.

Posted Tuesday at 11:02 PM · Report post

My daughter was walking along the Thames at Shepperton and came across this. A real shame as it was once someone's pride and joy

There are so many scattered around the Norfolk Broads, aren't there? We always say/think exactly that when we see them.

In particular old wooden skeletons like that on the South side of Breydon upstream of Breydon Bridge.

RE the Breydon skeletons John, i remember when i used to go on the Broads in the 70s, there were considerably more than there are now. I`m sure there are many who think "if only they knew then what they know now, about historic boats".?.

• Like 1

On Winsford flash, Cheshire, in the 70's there were many sunken wooden working narrow boats, when the canal trade lessened, many years earlier, the boats were taken up to the flash and left to rot.

Some of the rotting hulls were below the surface, and were a navigation hazzard.

Guess i'm a bit odd but I used to like the old car scrap yards (before the pile em high style) and I also think woodies decompose in a most interesting and attractive way. The older and more derilict they get the more photogenic they become.

Plastic boats however are a different kettle of herring ....... if sunk in the briney would they make good artificial reefs?

Perhaps the only way to dispose of them is to grind them up?