Bridges

RayandCarole

This is ridiculous.  If the markers aren't accurate then hirers could be missing out on entire sections of the broads.

Example: earlier this year i hired a boat with 8ft 4in airdraft.  If the adjusted height makers read 8ft 3in when the actual clearance was 8ft 6in, i wouldn't attempt it. Meaning i miss out on everything under the bridge. If the height marker was accurate i WOULD go under.

Accurate and legible markers is the only way.

• Like 2

I may be wrong, but i think ALL these bridge strikes are done on high top boats.  What i find irritating is when they report that "this recent spate of colisions is very worrying to the fleet operators who have these boats". Well, surely if they put these boats in their fleets, they know the risks, and can`t complain when they happen?.

Yet again, back comes my same arguement, if the fleet operators did`nt introduce these boats tinto thier fleets, theses incidents would`nt happen. Then they would`nt be able to put the blame on hirers. Also, lowliners would be able to navigate all bridges (except for PH) at 90-95% of the time, irrespective of tidal direction.

• Like 2

If you want to be certain to get under any Broads Bridge you want one of these... lol...

image.jpg

No, there's no need to blow the bridge up, you just need a "suitable boat", like one of these....

potter buster.jpg