Just seen this

Bound2Please

27 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Perhaps a forum for Essex Man would be good too. Somewhere to chat about white trainers and bling . . . . . . . . 

Coincidentally we have have a new postman. short, gabby bloke, wears white socks too, just moved up here from Essex. Still wearing shorts, in this weather!

All us ear Hessex boys is ard ill ave yer knows Mr jm

Charlie

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JawsOrca said:

Gracie.. I think people from essex are well used to these jokes. But of course you are right.. this is just typical NBN bad humor and no offence intended.. if anyone is offended (to this or anything) please click the report button and we can action accordingly.

I notice there are no negative views of us Kentish folk so it really must be the best county in the UK.. :angel:

(P.s ..Gracie for mod..)

Too damn right we are. I was born in Birling (just west of Snodland), brought up in Gravesend , lived near Leeds Castle, moved to Northfleet, but have been down here in not so sunny Dorset for just over 9 years.  And not a bit of Essex in me lolol.

• Like 4

On 26/11/2015, 07:22:50, Hylander said:

My other half hails from Upper Halling and we know Birling well and we often went for walks along Birling Gap.    Very memorable after the Great Storm when a lot of the trees were uprooted.      Small world.

I was only 3 months when we moved to Gravesend, but had vague memories of going back there when i was young. We lived in a detached cottage called "Petmar Cottage" and i believe, lived next door to a lady called "Dolly Budd", and my dad was very good friends with her son whose name i think was Terry.  I remeber there was a pub called "The Neville Bull", which we went to when i was in my mid teens, and the landlord or lady called Terry and he came round.   The last time i saw the old cottage, it had been split into two dwellings, and one had been extended, and rather badly by all accounts, as it had an enormous crack from under the eaves down through the foundations. The crack was so big, you could get your fingers right in it.  I occaisionaly wonder what the old place is like now, probably in the middle of a housing estate?.