Web cam favourites

fishtone

What do members use the Barnes web cam for. The reason for asking this question is that a lot of the times the camera seems to be watching the guys working at Broads Tours. I wonder if they realise they are being watched. I personally use it to check river levels to see if I need to alter ropes, a good excuse to go to the boat.  Also nice to see whos out and about.

• Like 1

To be totally honest, I use the web cams just to be plain nosy, I love watching people moored at Barnes in the Summer, just fishing or sitting outside their Boats having a drink, the antics at the Bridge can be good fun, I would never poke fun at people in a nasty manner but if I see some one making a mess of mooring at the Pilot station, I do have a bit of a giggle :naughty: 

Grace

• Like 2

I am just nosy and checking out who is going to run the bridge, that is of course after waiting for Grace to finish on the camera.:naughty:

Such a pity the camera at the Hotel Wroxham is no longer working, when we were there in November for our AGM I did mention to the owner that it would be a good idea to reinstate it.

Regards

Alan

• Like 4

I also like to be nosy.

I usually have a look at some time every day and check things like the weather conditions, water levels, any sign of a new boat or some work being done anywhere.

I also enjoy watching people mooring or shooting the bridge. I enjoy a bit of a laugh but then remind myself that we all had to learn sometime.

Each time when I have a look I always think that it is a day closer to actually being there instead of just looking at a screen.

Jeff  

• Like 3

I just find it completely fascinating that, as with all live webcams, I can sit at home and see what is going on right now somewhere else. And when it's somewhere that you know that adds a little bit of interest.

However I am very mindful that there might be someone watching whenever I now cruise through Wroxham on a hire boat lest I should become the latest topic of conversation!!

• Like 2

I agree Jean, I would never openly mock anyone, I like to treat people how I would like them to treat me but if you don't want to be topic of conversation for messing up when mooring at that bridge, do as I do, always let your other half helm when mooring at the Bridge, hide in the cabin until it's all over, if said mooring is done exceptionally well, come out of the cabin, you can either jump off the boat and tie ropes or take the helm and get other half to tie ropes, sit at helm preening yourself and showing off like you are the best helmswoman on the planet :naughty: If, however he messes up big time, remain in cabin and under no circumstances come out until Pilot has taken Boat successfully through the Bridge, works every time for me :dance

Grace

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

I agree Jean, I would never openly mock anyone, I like to treat people how I would like them to treat me but if you don't want to be topic of conversation for messing up when mooring at that bridge, do as I do, always let your other half helm when mooring at the Bridge, hide in the cabin until it's all over, if said mooring is done exceptionally well, come out of the cabin, you can either jump off the boat and tie ropes or take the helm and get other half to tie ropes, sit at helm preening yourself and showing off like you are the best helmswoman on the planet :naughty: If, however he messes up big time, remain in cabin and under no circumstances come out until Pilot has taken Boat successfully through the Bridge, works every time for me :dance

Grace

Hi Grace,

We all know you hide down in the cabin when encountering any bridges and those boats that keep zig zagging all over river.

Do you actually spend any time at the helm or watching the scenery of the broads?:naughty:

Regards:kiss

Alan

• Like 1

Well actually Alan, I helmed the Boat practically single handed on our hen party boat, the other girls were pretty useless if I'm honest, too busy tottering about in ruddy heels lol. Yes I do see plenty of scenery when helming rivers that are in a straight line, when there are no bridges, when there are no sailie thinghy's and most importantly when there is no one watching, that, I can assure you,my lovely Alan, is when I am the best helmswoman the world has ever seen :naughty: 

Grace

• Like 2