Anybody Afloat From This Saturday

SPEEDTRIPLE

I'll be on the water  from 12:00 25th June to 17:00 and 26th June 10:00 to 17:00, mostly on Hoveton Little Broad (AKA Black Horse Broad). For Horning Sailing Club's Yeoman Open Event, during which, I'll be driving in ever decreasing circles in a rescue boat.

The rest of the club should be on a down river to Thurne Lion Dyke On the Sunday only. They'll gather around the Ferry inn  from about 10:00 and then race down to Thurne, the return will race back from Thurne to Horning starting around 14:00..

• Like 1

Made a note of those, so will keep an eye out. Not sure what the plans are yet, but will have a look at the tides and see when it`s better to go north for a few days. Have`nt been to Dilham for a few years, and would like to spend a night at Coltishall lock, also Geldeston lock if for once we can get under Beccles bridge on a suitable tide.

Hi

We will be out Thursday down to Polkeys Mill to cross Breydon on Fridays early tide (08:06 (lowwater +1hr)) then stopping overnight at Stracey Mill. We will then go onto Ranworth for Saturday and Sunday before spending at week or so going round the Northern Rivers.

If you see us out there give us a wave:wave.

If it's silly busy up North, we'll be off back down to the South, we've been out lots since we moved moorings to Brundall and love the peaceful rivers :love.

John.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Well I'm down here  ready for the weekend, had to do a bit more than 402 miles though, the Leadenham hill was closed with a police car blocking the road, they sent us most of the way to Lincoln to get round!!! At times it seemed we were afloat on the way down here with some of those downpours.!!!

43 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Well I'm down here  ready for the weekend, had to do a bit more than 402 miles though, the Leadenham hill was closed with a police car blocking the road, they sent us most of the way to Lincoln to get round!!! At times it seemed we were afloat on the way down here with some of those downpours.!!!

Yikes....glad you made the return trip, safely.:)

cheersIain

• Like 1

On 20/06/2016 at 3:05 PM, JawsOrca said:

I have no idea whst you mean iain. Although I don't think we've actually past a pub yet without stopping. ;):wasted:

Well some ones got to keep the pubs going, and entertained hic hic

The Wench

• Like 3