Richardsons RC45 and RC35

I dont normally post pics with people in them just in case someone is recognised and gets arrested :naughty:

Here is a picture of Robin knocking the screws over which were left after the frames ripped out, (so no one stands on them)

The dust on the sides is from the flange from when it was trimmed.

post-503-136713642688_thumb.jpg

In this picture most of the dust has been removed, the masking tape shows the size of the ring we are making from fiberglass to build the superstructure on.

The brown paper is to protect the mould from any resin being dripped on the rest of the hull side (we already have enough to clean off :) )

post-503-136713642951_thumb.jpg

cheers for all the good comments guys,

I suppose people dont always advertise when things dont go quite to plan!

we have found that, so far, the best way to get it off is to slice through the MDF with a paring chisel through to the paint then use a scraper to chip the paint off the Gel. the gel is hard and so is the paint. In the main where we have done little bits it seems to be coming up ok.

Hi Jonny,

if you mean floor bearers then yes, we will be making fiberglass bearers which will be levelled and bonded into the hull.

they wont ever rot :)

ahh i like the sound of that Clive :grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Hmm. I wish we had grp bearers in some of our boats. We had to rip the entire floor and bearers out of one in October because of rot. It was a STUPID design in the first place with the rear well drains draining internally onto a lump of concrete ballast which had a raised plywood dam at the end. Naturally, the concrete had silted up over the years creating a nice mud bath and rotting the ply dam. The damp conditions were just perfect for the growth of dry rot. All bearers out, supports out, floor out and renewed in the space of a few days. Sadly, there's more to do in neighbouring compartments too.

Why the drains were never routed to skin fittings or (for the sake of 3 extra metres of pipe) straight into the keel where it would be pumped out, I'll never know.

Anyone with a Aquafibre Pearl ought to take a look under the aft cabin floorboards, just in case our experience is typical of this general design.

Back to the RC45, we were watching the guys last week trying to release the plug from the mould last week and witnessing the struggle, the creaking and the banging (we weren't quite close enough to hear the swearing). It wasn't until we spoke to one of them later that we realised that they'd been struggling with the damn thing all week.

I beleive work on the superstructure has begun now.

A valable lesson there Andy, allways look under the floorboards when buying a boat :lol:

Right, as some of you are aware I have a couple of other jobs going on at the moment on the Yard which need to be delt with without taking the workforce away from the hirefleet. This means that for the last 3 weeks the development side of things has slowed down but not stopped, we will catch up after Whitsun as I have taken on a couple more people to sort these jobs out who will get onto development when we are sorted.

As you have seen we have been preparing the 'ring' this has had a layer of 2oz fiberglass put on today but i did not take a photo so here is one I took yesterday.

you can see the mould in the background with the gel applied for the ring.

while the mould was out of the shed we cleared some space to build the superstructure plug, it will be built on the same trolley as the hull (see page 6)

Here you can see that the trolley has been levelled up with blocks and bearers levelled the superstructure is in the wood rack behind it!

post-503-136713643009_thumb.jpg

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

How is the mould now Clive, has it been stripped of the offending plug remnants and polished yet, and is all OK?. Regards.................Neil.

Thats a bonus Andy!

I saw your boat in the shed and had heard about some jobs to do, I will have a look next week, Bountys have a tendancy to rot the floors in the rear cabins, outside the shower doors and just about everywhere!, we have nearly finished new showers in the Ultimate Gems, Ambers, Clears and gold Gems.

We have just bought 4 boats from France, all a bit battered on the outside but will look good after some cosmetics, They are in fine condition inside but I found a rotten floor on the Bounty 40 luckily not a major job. (perhaps I should have looked :) )

We have just bought 4 boats from France, all a bit battered on the outside but will look good after some cosmetics, They are in fine condition inside but I found a rotten floor on the Bounty 40 luckily not a major job. (perhaps I should have looked :) )

ahhh can we perhaps have a little sneak peak at these new cruisers from france? pwitty pwease :grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

We saw the Bennys at the boat show, they looked cheap enough but I doubt one would stand up to many seasons on hire :naughty:

we got two Bounty 40s and 2 Alpha 34s as you can see they need a paint up, that is also motorway gunk from the south of france. internally the bountys are better than the Alphas but after a spell in the workshop they will be ready to provide lots of holidays this year :dance:dance

post-503-136713643333_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713643595_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713643619_thumb.jpg

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, Very nice boats Clive, what are they going to be called, are they going to be used to increase the existing class name numbers you already have, or are they going to get new names?. I was just wondering if you`d thought of naming them after some of the old fleet from the past, like Halcyon or Minstrel etc?. What do all the other forum members think, good idea, or a bad one?. Regards to all.............Neil. :):):):):)

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I can understand that logic. The name Halcyon comes from when i was at school when we had the Aston Orion when she was a year old. I was so happy to be going on a boating holiday, when a school friend told me they`d had one of the Halcyons a couple of years before. Have you got any pictures of her Clive, as it would be interresting to see it again?. Also, back on thread, hows the plug for the superstructure going, any advance or photo`s?. Regards.........Neil.

Years ago the boys told me a bit about Halcyon, she was used as the tow boat but when we were really busy she would have the cusions washed down and out she would go on hire! Things were a bit different then :)

Not much has happened since my last post but there has been stuff done, I will take a couple of photos next week and stick them on here, nothing too exciting, as I said we have four French boats to alter canopies on, put new toilets and tanks on plus paint and polish and internal cosmetics, there is also a Aquafibre 42 in the which is having a lot done to it to get in the fleet, plus a possible few more, that is what is delaying the build as 'extra' boats for this years fleet are being prepared by the building part of the yard.

We saw the Bennys at the boat show, they looked cheap enough but I doubt one would stand up to many seasons on hire :naughty:

we got two Bounty 40s and 2 Alpha 34s as you can see they need a paint up, that is also motorway gunk from the south of france. internally the bountys are better than the Alphas but after a spell in the workshop they will be ready to provide lots of holidays this year :dance:dance

mmmmmm Alpha :love

Jonny ice sliceice slice