Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Hi Neil,

Sorry, I missed your reply, we will start shortening the plug next week then make that mould before starting the 45' superstructure.

I recon the reason the Aston mould was in bits was as it was extendable and also easier to store inside the hull.

our mould will be in one piece with a few moulds for hatches canopy etc.

Clive will you be putting little fancy blue LED lights outside the boat that come on as soon as the sun goes down to catch people attention to the boat & company who made it.

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Clive will you be putting little fancy blue LED lights outside the boat that come on as soon as the sun goes down to catch people attention to the boat & company who made it.

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Jonny! It's a beautiful boat, not a 1ltr Fiat Punto with a bean can exhaust :o

Jonny! It's a beautiful boat, not a 1ltr Fiat Punto with a bean can exhaust :o

Glad to see there is some sophistication on this forum Jimbo

whatever next? outward facing speakers so everyone can appreciate your music?

Now there's an idea :naughty::naughty:

Hi Clive

now that does sound good :lol::lol::naughty::naughty:

my idea music i use to have up full when moored in Brundall my my hifi was loud :naughty::naughty:

would suit me if you could fit some new speakers to diamond gem Clive :mrgreen::mrgreen:

good grief jonny,

I have some embarracing repettive music in my record boxes from the past but that is awful, If I ever have that dream where I am falling down a spiral I suspect the first few seconds of that will be playing over and over again, that has really upset me that I have had to hear that music in my own house I will probably have trouble sleaping. :(

The other photo shows the mould when we pulled it out of the shed It seems much bigger in the open :)

Phew, it does fit through the shed door then :)

Is all the white stuff surrounding it GRP shavings?? :lol:

Coming on nicely,whats happening behind our moorings i went down to the boat yesterday and noticed the big tree has gone and looked like some digging is happening

Andy

maybe Clive's got his lads looking for your fuel filler cap :lol::lol::naughty:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

we were dredging your mooring before the digger broke! will be continuing on Monday, we did not find your cap!

(I did have a look for it when you lost it, I did find a fishing net though :) )

The big(ish) tree was going to fall on your boat!

we were dredging your mooring before the digger broke! will be continuing on Monday, we did not find your cap!

(I did have a look for it when you lost it, I did find a fishing net though :) )

The big(ish) tree was going to fall on your boat!

Fishing net :naughty: ,thanks for looking for the cap though

cheers

Andy

we got the mould out of the shed on monday and got ready for lifting it off the plug, we were prepared for a little hastle in getting it off but after a wwhole day of knocking lifting and swearing there was no movement whatsoever the hull sides have released all along but the hull bottom is stuck fast :cry

Today we started to remove the section of plug from inside the mould, the keel and hull sides have come out ok but the bottom is not releasing as it should, we are prepareing to cut the plug out in bits and make the shorter hull mould another time :(

however this will mean that we can start on the superstructure as soon as the mould is sorted :)

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, does the release agent have an operating time limit, or temperature limit which may have affected its performance due to the serious weather we`ve recently had?. When we bond brackets or other things to panels, we use grease or tallow as a release agent to stop the screws sticking in the anchor nuts, and very occaisionally they can be a bit stubborn, so we introduce a little heat to warm up the release agent. Jonnys idea of hot soapy water may not be a bad idea after all?. Regards to all.............. Neil. :wave:wave:wave