Richardsons RC45 and RC35

NONSENCE :lol::lol::lol:

we hired Jewel of light a 46ftr the biggest in hire i think at the moment i could handle her like she was 20ftr but it comes back to that old arguments again :naughty::naughty::naughty: no wait alpha buil a 50ft DAM!! :lol:

Clive i hope your not going to stick stern thrusters on that would be going a step to far :lol::lol:

one question for you

the roof

from the looks of it the roof is based of the alpha 44 will it have a manual winch electric winch or like in your fleet where you man move it with one hand

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

I could make a big enough mess of it with a 20' boat given plenty of wind in the right direction, Clanny has twins and without the wind can be turned on a sixpence and made to do all manner of tricks but offer me a bowthruster in a bit of a blow and I will take it every time, throw in a stern thruster and you will be lucky if I don't bite your forearm off in an attempt to get to your hand.]

Ian

HI Rod,

The keel is wide enough to sit a stern thruster in it about 2 or 3 feet in front of the prop, I have seen modern controls which are a little joystick/mouse type thing which is the shape of a boat and so if you move the back to one side or the other the back will move either way, it is the same with the front and also if you move the whole thing to the side then both thrusters will work and the boat should go sideways, if you twist it then the boat should spin round.

So really Rod there is no downside!

we dont seem to get much damage to the boats with thrusters so perhaps that is why...

Ian.

I tried to back Prisma (Broom European) into the basin at Acle last spring with a tide going and the wind with it, I wish I had either 1 more engine or at least a bow thruster, that way I would not have whacked into every boat on the way in :oops:

Ian.

I tried to back Prisma (Broom European) into the basin at Acle last spring with a tide going and the wind with it, I wish I had either 1 more engine or at least a bow thruster, that way I would not have whacked into every boat on the way in :oops:

No Comment

ow go one then

I could have done it :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Ian.

Clearly a sign Clive.... a luxury boat like Prisma must have a bow thruster fitted, until your handling improves anyway

Dan

The second option below could well avoid the stern thruster damage Rod eluded to but boy they are not cheap :o

http://sleipner.co.uk/id9.html

http://www.side-power.com/public/templa ... p?page=*SR

Jonny bow thruster cost depends on the size of the unit you are looking for but for the smallest model you won't see any change out of 2k fitted probably nearer £2250

Ian.

I tried to back Prisma (Broom European) into the basin at Acle last spring with a tide going and the wind with it, I wish I had either 1 more engine or at least a bow thruster, that way I would not have whacked into every boat on the way in

Will have to give you a go on Clanny, Twins but Sterndrives and no Keel, Nothing quicker on the Broads at going sideways and the front does a great impression of one of those James Bond reverse turns.

Wow! those retractable thrusters look fantastic, but as you say not cheap I doubt.

I have driven a twin screw once, I got dropped off and left in charge of a 63 foot boat in Yarmouth which I drove to Horning, no Dramas but the river was empty (this time of year) and there was no wind, there was only about 3 bends which required thinking about.

Jonny bow thruster cost depends on the size of the unit you are looking for but for the smallest model you won't see any change out of 2k fitted probably nearer £2250

man thats alot of cash thank god i can handle my boats but as you say for newbie hirers i suppose thats a money saving option.

Rod you just gave me an idea, put a fleet of Tugs on the broads and you can do away with new fangled ideas on hire boats!

Bow and stern thrusting malarkey,what next electric bogs and warm water? :naughty:

Andy

xmas3

Hi Andy,

Some of the more modern ones (form the late 70s onwards have a fixed wheelhouse arrangement :naughty:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

We have had no photos for six pages now so I had better put some up! :grin:

These were taken last monday, the suface has been sanded using 150, 320 then 500 grit sandpaper, then two passes with 1000 grit compound a 2000 grit compound.

These photos show the plug after the first of six waxes had been polished off.

You can also see that a flange has been added to the sheer, this will add strength to the mould and give a definite line to trim the mouldings to.

post-503-136713628127_thumb.jpg

post-503-13671362815_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713628423_thumb.jpg

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

WOW, that looks almost good enough to use as a production hull. What were the actual materials used Clive?. I remember in about 1980, we moored at Porter and Hayletts yard one night, and they showed me the plug being made for their connieseur 42, but it did`nt look half as good as that, but in honesty it was`nt finished. Regards to all..............Neil. ;);););)

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Clive, how many moulds could you make from the one plug, and what would you do with the plug when you`ve finished with it?. Regards to all.............Neil. ;););)

Neil, Please study the previous posts :norty::lol::lol:

the frame and skin are MDF which is painted in 'Durabuild' and polished.

We hope to make this 45' mould then cut it down and make the 35' mould,

after them the plug will be dumped :cry

we have four poeple working on this at the moment (plus laminators), they are from Porter + Haylett, Aquafibre and Corvette, Two of which did their appreniships with Horizoncraft in the 70s :grin:

this is how she looked today,

there is two coats of gel coat( vinyl ester Tooling gel) 1 ounce of matt (powder bound) laid up with (isophthalic) resin.

all this is too technical for me to explain so you will have to Google it or hope someone steps up and explains for me :grin:

post-503-136713628446_thumb.jpg