Richardsons RC45 and RC35

dunno what you are talking about Mark my 'pooter know how stops just after it starts!,

My designer is in his early 70s and does not use a computer, I got this converted by scanning his drawings so I know what it looks like (and another reason) but I dont have the software to see the 'whole' thing

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

When do we see pictures of the superstructure plug Clive, i bet thats a bit more intricate being all swooping and curves?. Regards to all................. Neil. xmas2xmas6

hopefully we will finish the two hull moulds by the end of january, by then we should have all the frames ready to assemble on the trolley with most of the other bits and bobs ready to use. This will take longer than the hull as it is more fiddly so harder to make and rub down, This hull plug has taken 2 months to produce which I think is quick, what is also good is that the quality so far is superb, I hope we dont have problems making or releasing the mould.

Perhaps if I feel really brave we may start to build the canopy before we have the Superstructure but that would be silly so there is a possibility it may happen, however, we do have another job to get on with but I am keen to see a finished boat so will try and press on so we have more in the fleet for 2011.

Did you open the link on the previous page Neil? it shows the 3d drawing on the superstructure..

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Thanks Clive. I missed that one as i could`nt find this thread. I forgot which section it was in, so i had a sudden brainwave and "SEARCHED" for it. I`ve built some stunning Aircraft interiors over the last 18 years, but i still struggle with computers. God knows how mi wife does the photo`s. The design looks spot on for the Broads, and the curvature of the coachroof looks good for bridge clearance. It`s good to see you`re designing the boat for ALL the broads. The Ant is my favourite river on the whole Broads network, and i love places like Dilham, and with the new boat, Wayford bridge won`t be a problem. Above Beccles to Geldeston is another favourite. Regards to all.................Neil. xmas2xmas6

HI Neil...

I know this is a little off topic but I feel that Clives forward thinking in going back to boats that cover the whole Broads network is a master stroke...plus the fact that I love the more traditional style of cruiser that I grew up with...and Clive knows my all time favourites well ;)

These new designs I feel, although modern and in keeping with progress will also appeal to the likes of myself as 'traditional' Broads Cruisers...and am saving for 2011 now... :party:

With ref to favourite rivers like you I've always liked the Ant, but the inaccessable parts (to most) these days are magical... The Wroxham - Coltishall and Beccles - Geldeston stretches my alltime favourites...and you need a cruiser capable of getting there...Roll on the RC45/35 cheers

Here is a pic of us down at Geldeston in early Sept this year...post-499-136713625553_thumb.jpg

Regards...Terry

Hi Mark

This photo is taken in the opposite direction to Terry's (ie looking out of the dyke) and shows how it widens as Clive has said. At a pinch you might be able to turn the boat on ropes in the dyke itself, its a reasonable width.

The other 'leg' at Geldeston goes to the village and Wherry pub. Again its quite narrow but opens into a 'pool' just before Rowancraft where you can turn a 40 footer.

cheersbar

post-131-13671362566_thumb.jpg

Hi Ian,

yes they will, they should have stern thrusters too :grin:

I am sure people will say why bother but even doubters of bow thrusters use them and what could be better than moving sideways on and off moorings?

you will have noticed the keel has been designed wide enough so as not to need very big pads for this, the boats will be on hydraulics already so it is just the cost of the unit.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, I must admit to saying a bow thruster is`nt necessary on a broads cruiser, but having had Tower Bridge from Bridgecraft, i totally get the point, and having one fwd and aft would be absolutely perfect for windy days. Just because it`s there, you don`t have to use it, and i only used it when absolutely necessary. The trouble is some people use them unnecessarily, and burn them out. I watched one guy leave a mooring at Womack staithe, and he used the bow thruster ONLY, to turn and head down river. I know that because he never once turned the wheel. Regards to all.............. Neil. xmas4xmas6xmas2

Hi Mark42...finally got round to posting... :oops:

Am pleased to see that you have been replied to ref 'Geldeston'...I knew I could leave it to someone to come up with the answer...No problem with turning at 'The Locks' as Clive has mentioned...The only thing I would be wary of is underwater vegetation if you venture up the cut towards the village (Rowancraft)...We did but only in the dinghy...

You will not be disappointed with 'Sunset'...'Serenade' from the same stable really amazed us as to how good it was...quiet, smooth and superb handling boat (bow thruster a definate plus) ...sliding canopy a dream...and the transom configuration (something we were not entirely decided on to start with) excellent...A craft that (with only minor alterations if it were me) ticks all the boxes...Would hire again anytime...Roll on the 'RC45 for 2011'

Here is a pic of the approach to Geldeston village

post-499-136713626389_thumb.jpg

Terry

Hi all, I must admit to saying a bow thruster is`nt necessary on a broads cruiser, but having had Tower Bridge from Bridgecraft, i totally get the point, and having one fwd and aft would be absolutely perfect for windy days.

NONSENCE :lol::lol::lol:

we hired Jewel of light a 46ftr the biggest in hire i think at the moment i could handle her like she was 20ftr but it comes back to that old arguments again :naughty::naughty::naughty: no wait alpha buil a 50ft DAM!! :lol:

Clive i hope your not going to stick stern thrusters on that would be going a step to far :lol::lol:

one question for you

the roof

from the looks of it the roof is based of the alpha 44 will it have a manual winch electric winch or like in your fleet where you man move it with one hand

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

NONSENCE :lol::lol::lol:

we hired Jewel of light a 46ftr the biggest in hire i think at the moment i could handle her like she was 20ftr but it comes back to that old arguments again :naughty::naughty::naughty: no wait alpha buil a 50ft DAM!! :lol:

Clive i hope your not going to stick stern thrusters on that would be going a step to far :lol::lol:

Tell you what Jonny, You handover a couple of hundred thousand for one of those boats, then hand the keys to a stag party who have never been on a boat in their lives before! I wonder how long you would think it was "NONSENSE" then? :grin:

T

ahh Jime :grin::grin:

i am seeing it from my view if i was hireing one or owned one i wouldn't need it :naughty::naughty:

Wether you feel you need one or not, if one is there it just makes sense to use it as if you can use it properly the boat gets less knocks and scratches and moving a boat sideways with a joystick is much quicker and easier than shunting back and forth.

I suspect when TVs, fridges, automatic bilge pumps, showers etc were introduced there were people who said what is wrong with a book/ coolbox/handpump/bowl and flannel etc. :lol::lol:

Wether you feel you need one or not, if one is there it just makes sense to use it as if you can use it properly the boat gets less knocks and scratches and moving a boat sideways with a joystick is much quicker and easier than shunting back and forth.

Could not agree more Clive, if it were me having laid out the cash you will have I would have auto 'parking'.

I really have never got this Bow thrusters are 'cheating' type argument it is normally promoted by PB's or those that have never had to handle a single engine non keel ship. Probably the bad press is from those hirers who have a penchant for using a BT rather than helm and throttle in 'normal' situations.

Me I have still not mastered running a lee shore (bank) in a full gale and managing to move a boat side ways off at 90 degrees :cry If only I was a fully fledged PB it would be so easy :roll:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, Clive, are you only going to build them in 35 & 45ft versions, or is there the slim possibility of seeing a 30 and 40ft version. Like the earlier Alpha range that was available in 29-32-35-42 & 50ft, would it not be a financially viable option to have a 30ft 2-4 berth, a 35ft 4-6 berth, a 40ft 6-8 berth and a 45ft 8-10 berth?. Obviously there could be several different layout options for economy and luxury cruising. I `d like to see a smaller version as well as an in between size, but i think we will all have to appeal to your good nature..................... :bow . Regards to all...............Neil. xmas6xmas4xmas2

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I forgot to ask, have you got any sketches or drawings of the intended layout yet?. If so, can we have a sneak preview?. Regards to all................Neil. xmas6xmas4xmas2

Hi Neil,

I do have some general layout plans but they are on paper and at work so if I am in work tomorrow I will try and take a photo, we do have lots of different plans though so I will see what I can do.

Regarding the different lengths, some builders have moulds which you slide the transom along to get the different lengths, our hull has a sloping sheer which means we cant easily do this, we will have the two moulds for the two length hulls and that will do for now, the other problem with lots of differing hull lengths is that you need a top to fit every one. We will be working on the 35' sedan next but that wont be for a while yet.