Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

We have`nt had ANY photo`s for some weeks now Clive, please please please let us know how progress is going WITH PHOTO`S?. Did i forget to say please by the way?.

Calm down Neil, things are happening all the time but there is not too much to take photos of, also I dont want to put everything on the web what we have been spending our money on :naughty: we will probably have the hull out next week so I will do my best to have a camera ready when I need it.

Over the last few weeks we have been making the shower rooms, floors and some linings for the cabin sides by the galley and in the showers etc.. cheers

hey neil, how about a rickos shed cam, im sure theirs enough members keen to see the progress being made, even pay as you go, 5p a frame lol... clive could edit out the bits he didnt want over yards seeing and then stealing his ideas. lets face it sky is pretty crap at the mo :naughty:

she is 3 feet longer than the Aquafibre 42 but is not pushed as far back as we need access to the transom.

the shower moulds are nearly finished and the cabin liner moulds will be being made next week, when the liners are made the superstructure can be flipped over and the finishing done on that during which time we will be making the shower modules.

we are probably about 3 weeks away from putting the superstructure on the hull.

Clive

Very swish!

Do you put the blue hull paint on later,

or were the original drawings on Page 1 of the "private" option?

Me think it is that white gel coat is so much easier to repair

when subjected to to the bumps (and scrapes!) of being out on hire...

The keel seems a lot larger than I was expecting,

will the thrusters be fitted into that or in the main part of the hull?

Martin

the keel is designed to allow bow and stern thrusters to be easilly fitted without the need for large elongated holes, when we know that we are happy with the positioning we plan to mould the thruster tubes as part of the hull

The hull will stay white, as you say, it is far easier to match white for gel repairs the white we use is a standard colour used by most moulders/builders.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

She certainly looks like she`ll cut through the water very cleanly. I hope we see her in June, be it in the yard, or out on the water. Would you be interrested in any photo`s Clive, or will you be taking her out for a photo session yourselves, if you know what i mean?. Regards ........... Neil.

She certainly looks good but..... When that moors up it will take up

nearly 2 ordinary size boat mooring spots! The other side of the coin

is it may well prove a job to find a mooring in most places during

the busier season.

Just my opinion, but that is too long for the amount of boats out

during said season.

...Just my opinion, but that is too long for the amount of boats out during said season.

I agree boats have got longer to meet the demands & equipment expected I suppose, but your boat is only 7 foot shorter and is no wider. Will you be downsizing to a 25ft Safari given there are often not a full complement of people to berths aboard your own 'weapon of choice' and I therefore consider it a bit excessive or unsuitable to be seen on the water in peak season? :lol:

Dan

The length limit on the broads is 46 feet in length, there are a few boats being built at this length, there are also a few boats on hire of 48 and 50 feet,

if we were allowed to build them wider perhaps they would not need to be so long?

?

She certainly looks good but..... When that moors up it will take up

nearly 2 ordinary size boat mooring spots! .

I would reckon that an 'ordinary' boat is now about 30-35 feet long?

perhaps if provision were made for bigger boats then people would have bigger boats and pay more river tax which could then be spent dredging where most boats cant go :naughty:

Clive, perhaps the extra river tolls could help get rid of that bridge at Potter?

Heavens, now Iv'e started something........ :naughty:

oh no! dont start that one and the toll due calculated on the depth of water required :naughty::naughty:

oh no! dont start that one and the toll due calculated on the depth of water required :naughty::naughty:

Ah now there is an idea:

A draft tax to pay for dredging...

But a bit difficult to measure, (like speed through the water instead of speed over the ground)

or are the current shallows an attempt to prepare for measuring

"You are aground sir? That means that your draft is greater than the 12" shown on your toll licence..."

But the problem with the bridges is air-draft and it is fairly easy for the rangers to check that with a bit of wood and a plumb line, or some chains dangling down from a line across the river...

So what about basing the tolls on length * beam * air-draft..., make those that need the bridges lifted or opened pay for them....

Of course craft would be assessed on actual air-draft or that specified on their documentation which-ever was the higher...

Hire-companies would then find that the air-draft of their fleet (as told to their clients!) would have shrunk by 6 inches or so..

Now would the BA measure it with all folding structures up or down, that could seriously effect the flappies...

The RC45 is of course designed to allow for the air-draft toll which is why it doesnt follow the current trend

for higher and higher superstructures...

Perhaps we should delete this post before the BA get ideas on how to overcome their funding gap.. :lol::lol:

:Sailing:Stinky

it may well prove a job to find a mooring in most places during

the busier season.

There is plenty of mooring space up the other side of Potter bridge, and I think the boats air draft has been designed to have a good chance of getting there.

Getting her down the narrow bit leading on to Horsea might be interesting however :naughty:

Ian

There is plenty of mooring space up the other side of Potter bridge, and I think the boats air draft has been designed to have a good chance of getting there

Ours was designed to do that too, but thats a very rare occasion nowadays!!! :(

The BA have have now offially declared the height as being 2" lower now two guns

Yes, Broadsman is on of our old names, we gave the staff a choice of three and they voted for Broadsman so there we are :)

Bolero is a very popular boat and we are happy with the money it brings in, so without being greedy we know what to expect with a full season, also despite the over average cost of setting up we hope to produce the new designs quicker and therefore cheaper than normal so we can pass the savings on.. If we were only producing one or two boats a year then we could keep the prices high and have good seasons but that is not the plan.

also on the cost thing, we are trying to encourage people to holiday on the broads so we are in competition with holiday camps and self catering right across the country and abroad, we dont want anyone to think that boating is an expensive pastime reserved for the well off :)

:wave hi clive i'm afraid it is getting a rich persons holiday, me & my sister have been coming on the broads for the past 10 years, but we usually have to go to sandersons marine, because (A) it's easy for us to get to by train & (B) it's usually the only one we can afford. it gets a struggle every year, especially now that the goverment have put the tax up on fuel. lori :Stinky