Anti Fouling South Side

Mowjo

Ok I need a bit of help, someone I know on the South side wants to get their boat anti fouled, the only two I know are Goodchilds and Waveneny River Centre, I'm trying to save him a bit of money so does anyone know of others over that side and the cost,,

Fank Yoo's

Robin's boatyard on the Brooke Industrial site, Lake Lothing. Superb and sensible prices. 
Robin allows DIY so off to the nearby Whitham Paint Works, excellent product, costs about £50.00 to do a 30 footer in my experience. 

You should be able to lift out, wash and paint and be back in within six hours. 

Phone Robin on 01502 512973 0r 07730463955 

Unit 2B Brook Business Park, Heath Road, Lowestoft NR33 9LZ 

Robin is an ace bloke to do business with.

Hi Tony,

Can they slip the boat? I know they dont have a crane and not sure what size boat we are talking about here? I guess they do their own hire fleet so must be able to get them out somehow, I am guessing a large trailer. 

I am sure Andy will provide an answer to this once he sees it and would recommend him.

Sorry! it's a 27ft Elysian, thanks for the help I've passed it on, seems he's just around the corner from Goodchilds, and after I linked him to the price list I think he will be using them, once again thanks for the help,,,,

2 hours ago, Mowjo said:

Sorry! it's a 27ft Elysian, thanks for the help I've passed it on, seems he's just around the corner from Goodchilds, and after I linked him to the price list I think he will be using them, once again thanks for the help,,,,

I think you need to get out your calculator to compare the prices....as I read it Freedom are £12 per linear foot all in (thats slip ,clean ,antifoul and return....

I make Goodchilds at least 50% more expensive and thats best case scenario !!!!!!!

Steve at South Rivers Marine St Olaves gets my vote. Easy to deal with, excellent crane and nice wide straps (he does lots of woodies), inside or outside storage all with electric and water nearby and more than happy for diy. Its the blue buildings opposite the chandlers alongside the bridge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Robin's boatyard on the Brooke Industrial site, Lake Lothing. Superb and sensible prices. 
Robin allows DIY so off to the nearby Whitham Paint Works, excellent product, costs about £50.00 to do a 30 footer in my experience. 

You should be able to lift out, wash and paint and be back in within six hours. 

Phone Robin on 01502 512973 0r 07730463955 

Unit 2B Brook Business Park, Heath Road, Lowestoft NR33 9LZ 

Robin is an ace bloke to do business with.

N.B. Witham paints have moved to other side of Lowestoft - http://www.withamgroup.co.uk/woco/contactuswoco/

• Like 1

£12 per foot at Kingfisher - Thorpe. 

This includes: Slip out, pressure wash, Antifoul and slip back.

Antifoul product of our choice in available colours, typically Hempel Broads or Nautical Antifoul.

You can specify a different antifoul if you wish with price adjustment. 

• Like 4

Two before and one after pictures of one of our recent private jobs (including Antifoul). This is one of the nicest dawncraft on the water now. 

Behind it, in the slip way, you can see a Bounty 37 that we have repainted the hull on and anti-fouled (along with recoring and rebuilding the rear decks and rebuilding the aft cabin due to massive water ingress). 

20151218_112303.jpg

20151218_142258.jpg

20160701_110158.jpg

• Like 8

Nothing wrong with Hempel Broads, good stuff, Suits me, when it's on offer, lasts for three seasons on my Drascombe with the occasional scrub, I like a clean bottom! Easily done with a scrub brush mounted on the side rather than the end of a pole, I take her into the shallows, chest waders on, job done. There are yards that charge almost as much as Andy, just for slipping.  Another comparable anti-fouling is that from the Witham Paint Company at Lowestoft, their marine gloss is superb by the way.  Seems to me that Andy's price is pretty fair.

Due to having my boat stationary for two years while saving for a new engine, I had up to 4 inches of growths on the bottom of the boat, it's mooring was shallow, aground on super low tides so that might have had something to do with it.  The mooring is now dredged, just waiting to the boat to come back...

I'd say yes you need it.

• Like 2

The amount of crap we scraped off the bottom of that Bounty 37, proves it is necessary. There were piles of muscles as well as plenty of other growth that would have been attacking the gel. It simply stands to reason that putting a layer of sacrificial material between the elements and the boat itself is a good idea.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, marshman said:

Perhaps we should now resurrect the thread about whether it is actually necessary on the Broads?????

Personal choice, comes to mind Marshy. I would have thought it depends possibly where you moor your pride and joy?

cheersIain

• Like 1

Thanks again folks! all info passed on, Southern side on a boat is like going abroad to me even though I only live half a mile away from Oulton Broad, did try having a boat there but that lasted three months and we hardly went out, I can't believe how boring we found that side, lack of everything apart from Reeds, so we moved back North,

Marshy does have a point about the anti fouling though, more and more people are going anti anti fouling, when you see what it cost to have it done I suppose a lot of people will question it, I do my own but with the lift out it still cost me £250,

2 hours ago, Mowjo said:

Thanks again folks! all info passed on, Southern side on a boat is like going abroad to me even though I only live half a mile away from Oulton Broad, did try having a boat there but that lasted three months and we hardly went out, I can't believe how boring we found that side, lack of everything apart from Reeds, so we moved back North,

Marshy does have a point about the anti fouling though, more and more people are going anti anti fouling, when you see what it cost to have it done I suppose a lot of people will question it, I do my own but with the lift out it still cost me £250,

Boring, never! Okay, so there is a lack of overcrowding, stag parties, pirates and grockels in kiss-me-quick hats but that aside the South has space, some of the finest pubs and restaurants on the Broads, quick access to the sea, Norwich, Beccles, Somerleyton Hall and Burgh Castle for day trips, Geldeston Locks, great fishing, the best sailing rivers on the Broads, stacks of wildlife in amongst the reeds, boring the South Rivers are not, in my sincere and honest opinion. The only thing better up North than down South is above Potter Bridge.

• Like 6