Empty Moorings

Victoryv

26 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Ting Dene definitely have a policy of sub-letting.

Last winter we had the boat out and was not due to go back in until March. NYA needed to get us out of the shed in Feb so it was easier to drop her in early and put her back on the mooring. Only to find Ting Dene (and it is in the small print) have the right to re let the mooring if you use their winter lift and stack package (which is bloody expensive anyway). Another boat was on our mooring using my electricity!! The clause was pointed out to me when I complained.

I am afraid that it is common practice by the owner (lessor). But should you as a customer (lessee) want to come to an arrangement with another lessee in another location for a couple of weeks! No chance in my experience.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

I am afraid that it is common practice by the owner (lessor). But should you as a customer (lessee) want to come to an arrangement with another lessee in another location for a couple of weeks! No chance in my experience.

A rule for one and another for us! It's like debating with the missus - you know you will lose so don't waste your energy and have another beercheersbar

I have to say the original idea was very good.

• Like 1

The original idea would be great but you know what would happen especially along the overcrowded South Coast.

Some fly-by-nights would start blanket booking marina berths then putting them on the market for the summer and make a business out of it and chaos would probably be the result.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

If you put the padlock on some rope or chain on your steering wheel it will also remind you that you haven't unplugged your shore power!!:facepalm: Might be handy for Ranworth Breeze Alan unless you have another shore power safety code?

Hi Mark, 

I have not done this but a very large steel boat that used to be near us set off with their shore power cable still attached, we were having breakfast watching them do all of their pre-checks before setting off, sadly they forgot to unplug, the cable ripped the post off of the pontoon, leaving the mains dangling and the water pipe was fractured. On seeing this the skipper was paying more attention to what had happened rather than where he was going and ploughed into  a boat opposite.

I went and insulated the mains and capped of the water pipe until it could be rectified by Tingdene.

I did not know about the issue with someone using your electric post, so a small lock might be the answer.

The Tingdene staff are very good, they have accepted deliveries for the boat and will go and put on electric post for us during out of season. 

Carole the road does need working on, maybe we should all ask Mark or Christine when it is going to be resurfaced.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I believe that Tingdene Marinas have a visitor agreement with their fellow marinas, I have asked about visitor mooring on Oulton Broad, but sadly did not get a conclusive answer.

Our marina in Brundall would have the same policy with regards to none Tingdene berth holders.

I would assume that Ferry Marina and the WRC would have some form of agreement on accommodating their berth holders.

I agree in principle with the OP that it is a good idea, but in operation it is rife with issues that have have already been highlighted.  

If all the marinas and the hire yards had a few visitor moorings that could be booked by all, and in all I mean private or hire, be they cruisers or yachts. Maybe I am asking for boating utopia.

Regards

Alan

Tingdene berth holders are allowed to use the moorings at Broadlands Marina FOC but this must be pre booked before arrival.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brundall1037 said:

Tingdene berth holders are allowed to use the moorings at Broadlands Marina FOC but this must be pre booked before arrival.

I was aware of the loyalty scheme but forgot they owned this marina. Might have to see if I can get a freebie next time I aim that way.

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Mark, 

I have not done this but a very large steel boat that used to be near us set off with their shore power cable still attached, we were having breakfast watching them do all of their pre-checks before setting off, sadly they forgot to unplug, the cable ripped the post off of the pontoon, leaving the mains dangling and the water pipe was fractured. On seeing this the skipper was paying more attention to what had happened rather than where he was going and ploughed into  a boat opposite.

I went and insulated the mains and capped of the water pipe until it could be rectified by Tingdene.

I did not know about the issue with someone using your electric post, so a small lock might be the answer.

The Tingdene staff are very good, they have accepted deliveries for the boat and will go and put on electric post for us during out of season. 

Carole the road does need working on, maybe we should all ask Mark or Christine when it is going to be resurfaced.

Regards

Alan

Oh Alan We wish! We swopped the Jag for a 4x4 because the potholes are such  a challenge. An enquiry in the office produces the answer that they will be working on it soon. Such work,  from experience,  involves  filing In the holes in the first section in such a way that, we will  all be walking in tar on the first warm day.( I all but ruined a new pair of Chathams last summer, a very patient husband and a bottle of white spirit saved the day not to mention the white carpets on the boat) then re-distributing the shale in the second section. both very temporary solutions. As for asking when they will re-surface, You make Christine faint if you want to! I'm not brave enough!

regards,

Carole

• Like 3