Is It A Geek Or An Artist I Need?

MauriceMynah

Ok, two issues I have at the moment.

The first one involves a catastrophic crash on the computer I had on Monday. Window failed to load. I contacted MS-Support who were unable to assist (no real surprise there)

I re-loaded Windows 7, but that wouldn't install properly. I tried loading it on other disk drives but the machine was telling me that ALL my disc drives had failed. Some may remember that I have four drives on this machine. Eventually I opened the side of the computer to try a fifth drive.

I have a removable hard drive caddy enabling me to move hard drives from machine to machine. I was going to use that drive as a last resort. I don't know why but for some reason I turned the machine back on before installing this fifth drive. Window 10 loaded up as if nothing had ever gone wrong. Everything was back and intact. All four drives were there with all the files.

I did a massive backup onto DVD of all my important files.

I did a restart to make sure that this "recovery was no flook. It wasn't. Everything loaded back up as before .... with one exception.

When booting up now, the machine offers me the option of loading Windows 7 or windows 10. Sadly the install of windows 7 is still naff and fails to load properly, otherwise I'd be a happy bunny. What I would like to do now is to remove this 'corrupt' install of 7 so that boots go straight to Windows 10. How do I do this please? 

Issue number two...

I have found some artwork I'd like to have made into a transfer to stick to the side of Nyx.

Some of you will be aware that the goddess "Nyx" is from Greek mythology. She was the daughter of Chaos and personifies a void. Kinda fittin huh! I found a picture of Nyx on Google and wondered if I could have a transfer made.

I would also like our illustrious members opinions on whether this artwork would be thought to be too risqué to have on the side of my boats superstructure. I attach two pictures to this post. The first is of my boat. It shows the NBF logo (now removed) That is the position I have in mind for this, one each side.

The other picture is of the artwork I found, for your opinions.

Nyx1.jpg

William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_(1825-1905)_-_La_Nuit_(1883).jpg

• Like 6

Not so much a geek...as a gawk! You do know that some joker will put elastoplasts on sections of the image. Personally I have no problem at all with 'nuddy wimmin' but there's two things missing from the image. For your average punter to appreciate that it's art it needs to have a couple of fat babies with wings and a Klatchian urn...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jonzo said:

Here is what to do

• Boot into Windows 10, and hit Windows key + R.
  • You should see the run dialog come up - Type 'msconfig'.
  • The System Configuration app will open.
  • Go to the Boot tab, and you should see two entries (Windows 7 and Windows 10)
  • Select Windows 7 and hit Delete and then apply / ok

Assuming you've done this correctly, the machine will boot straight into Win 10.

There's always a "smarty pants", isn't there?

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

I fear that the authorities would not allow this image as she is not wearing a lifejacket.

Mind you, if she fell in the river, it looks as though she would float face up!

On the other hand,face down, she might run aground!

I well remember a young lady of our youth who was similarly well endowed, the usual comment being; 'oooh look, here comes a pair of nipples, and yes, Barbara is following 'em'!

• Like 1

I find myself surprised, no, staggered at the level of sexism being displayed by people of whom I had previously had such a high regard. The "schoolboy humour"  is hardly worthy of the members of this forum, which hitherto has been proven to be such a high calibre. On the other hand if the picture had been of a lass with a pathetic pair of jugs I'd not have bothered in the first place.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I have found some artwork I'd like to have made into a transfer to stick to the side of Nyx.

Some of you will be aware that the goddess "Nyx" is from Greek mythology. She was the daughter of Chaos and personifies a void. Kinda fittin huh! I found a picture of Nyx on Google and wondered if I could have a transfer made.

I would also like our illustrious members opinions on whether this artwork would be thought to be too risqué to have on the side of my boats superstructure. I attach two pictures to this post. The first is of my boat. It shows the NBF logo (now removed) That is the position I have in mind for this, one each side.

The other picture is of the artwork I found, for your opinions.

Nyx1.jpg

William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_(1825-1905)_-_La_Nuit_(1883).jpg

Regarding Nyx, they don't build 'em like they used to. No tats or piercings, no muffin tops either. Indeed the picture is reminiscent of Health & Efficiency, right down to the lack of body hair or a mobile phone.

It's what you should feel comfortable with and how you feel about your boat and what should put on her.... I had this decision many years ago when my old boss let me decide what to have air brushed on the truck I was driving... I had to have along think and think.....

1, What shell I pick?....

2, Will I regret what I've chosen?...

3, Will it look Naff?...

4, Will people know who it is?...

In the end I chose one of my film heroes.. Clint Eastwood with a couple extras like......Lee van Cleef...

So I say go for it... if you change your mind.. you can take it off...

IMG_1023.PNG

IMG_1024.PNG

• Like 5