Thieves

Bob48

you know there really are some horrible people in this world , the goodladyand i decided to pop along to our local supermarket for some bits for tea , we locked our cycles up as always outside , did our bit of shopping which took about 10 minutes , only to come out and find ourr bikes missingand the remains of our lock lying on the ground, not happy is an understatement , we have contacted Mr Plod, and thankfully got a crime reference number for insurance purposes .  not what i wanted this evening i can assure you :facepalm:

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that Bob. There is a lot of lowlife scum around who find it easier to take hard working people's hard earned possessions rather than sort their life out and earn their own things.

Hope the individuals are found and you get your bikes back.

There are of course many many lovely people too though. Mainly found on boats around Norfolk 

42 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

Sorry to hear this Bob these lowlives are breathing good air that the rest of us could have.

I hope this doesn't spoil your holiday.

give my good wishes to your good lady 

thankyou ,our holiday won't be spoiled, and i shall certainly pass on your regards to my dear wife. cheers

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Regulo said:

I lost a front brake from my bike to thieves at a railway station - cable, calipers, lever -the lot. Scumbags.

the bit that really ticks me off is the fact that they don't care,ans the scumbags  see cycle crime as " victimless ". i couldn't do something like that .

• Like 2

I so totally agree with you Bob. There is no such thing as "victimless crime" Someone has to pay, often all of us by higher prices. Car insurance "whiplash" being an example. 

However I know of one case where a car went into a low life pub and half the clientelle claimed for trauma. They forgot the cctv which is now in the hands of the insurance company's fraud department who have said they will not let the matter drop.

• Like 5

A friend some years ago had his recliner bicycle stolen while chained up in lincoln. His chain was so good they cut the council provided bike rack... The council initially started trying to get the money off of him to pay for repairs to the bike rack!!!!

12 minutes ago, TheQ said:

A friend some years ago had his recliner bicycle stolen while chained up in lincoln. His chain was so good they cut the council provided bike rack... The council initially started trying to get the money off of him to pay for repairs to the bike rack!!!!

Perhaps he should have claimed off the Council for not providing a more secure bike rack.    :)

Decent security devices are always best. Never rely on a bit of chain that you would buy, say for garden use and please do buy decent hardened padlocks.