Y618

Good morning 

We have just acquired Anglian Queen (Y618), a 1951 Broads motor cruiser built by Pegg Marine and we will be bringing her back up to standard over the next few years with our base at Cox's Boatyard at Barton Turf.

We are looking forward to many a trip on the Broads and meeting other forum members but in the meantime does anyone know of an organisation or club for classic motor cruiser owners.  The VWBA doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Many thanks

20170714_105912 (002).jpg

• Like 7

That's Mallyn!

We know her well. You have acquired a cracking boat there. Anything you need to know give me a shout.

As far as the VWBA goes it's long dead. However the Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser rally is very much alive and growing. There is a thread on here with details but I ain't clever enough to include a link... :facepalm:

• Like 3

Hi Ian

Claudia and I now have a bit of time with our children having grown up, some of the time, and I have always pottered around in boats, mainly of the sailing variety of which Claudia is not so keen, so we thought that we would go down the motor line just to get away from the usual hassle of our businesses.

Didn't originally intend to buy a classic but she has nice lines and seemed ideal for a couple and although she needs some work, it can be done over a few years whilst still being able to use her.

Philip

• Like 2