Sailies-which Way?

johnb

Just now, Polly said:

We usually know......honest! :594c04f0e761f_default_AnimatedGifVehiclessaily:

That is what I don't get about mobos--no thrill of uncertainty boring innit?  :default_coat:

So very true! As a very wise man once wrote 'departing and arriving is the highlight of a journey on a mobo whilst on a sailing boat the journey itself is the highlight'!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

So very true! As a very wise man once wrote 'departing and arriving is the highlight of a journey on a mobo whilst on a sailing boat the journey itself is the highlight'!

He couldn't have been that wise or else he was on the wrong mobo!

Carole

Having been Uncle Albert's main carer these last few years, I still gravitate to certain worthy causes. While reading the notices in my American Wooden Boat Magazine I spotted a link for the Sagamore Yacht Club 5th Annual Alzheimer's Regatta . Although a very worthy cause indeed, I did have a chuckle pondering the implications of navigating a mobo through that lot!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheQ said:

For those who want practice going through lots of sailies,  this lot are part of what you will encounter at Horning for the next 5 days. Open

IMG_20170730_120106.jpg

Watch out for a sailing cruiser called 'Storm', she's developing something of a reputation for capsizing! 

10 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Watch out for a sailing cruiser called 'Storm', she's developing something of a reputation for capsizing! 

She rarely ventures away from the muddy duck pond now , so I'm told :default_norty:

So there I am, instructing a novice group tacking upstream on the Bure. A day boat has been following sensibly and managed to pass us astern and continue on his way. A BA ranger coming towards us at that point decided to offer some advice to said day boat on how to pass yachts, completely ignoring the fact​ that we were going to cross the bows of his launch, and that he was in danger of causing a collision. I loudly instructed my clients to 'short tack' (avoiding a collision :-) )which caused said Patrolman to look ahead and notice us. His apologies were almost as profuse as his clear and obvious embarrassment, judging by the colour of his face :-) :-) :-) :-)

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2
  • Haha 2