Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

6 minutes ago, DaveRolaves said:

Surely that's totally irrelevant given the maximum speed on the broads is 6 mph for the very vast majority of it , there is a person in brundall that has one already n he's making a name for himself n not in a good way .

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Well its unlikely that the rib will be used on the broads at 40 knots. River inspectors will take a dim view of that!!! The trader is basically a sea boat and besides being used on the broads it will also be used out at sea. The rib could be used on Breydon water or perhaps be used the same as coastal Voyager at Southwold when the trader moors at Southwold which is just a short hop down the coast from the broads.

I don;t understand the concern, maybe 20% of the boats moored in Brundall can reach 30Kts so why is "Robins Rib" such an issue?

3 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Yep mud on your bum creeping up the raw water intakes is always a benefit or so iv found , and I'm being entirely serious , it benefited me more than once over  getting the towing job to bring them back after they over heated :15_yum: 

But we were talking about launching the rib

1 minute ago, Philosophical said:

I don;t understand the concern, maybe 20% of the boats moored in Brundall can reach 30Kts so why is "Robins Rib" such an issue?

Its not at the speed limit , hopefully this one has a throttle that behaves its self 

1 minute ago, Philosophical said:

And why would you think it doesn't?

I don't you asked me if there was an issue and I said not as long as the throttle behaves ( human input ! ) 

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

Not disagreeing , but my comment was you can't use it as in it was intended to be used can you ? Banging on about how fast it is in a heavily restricted ( speed wise ) area  is surely irreverent which was my original point for those that didn't grasp that .

Highly irreverent. :default_norty:

14 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Highly irreverent. :default_norty:

Is it now , who brought it up in the first place ? The owner , I know some in brundall rip up the river n the last thing anyone needs is another , why remark about its speed of its in a restricted area , that's why its irrelevant as to how fast it goes ! 

1 minute ago, Ricardo said:

Is it now , who brought it up in the first place ? The owner , I know some in brundall rip up the river n the last thing anyone needs is another , why remark about its speed of its in a restricted area , that's why its irrelevant as to how fast it goes ! 

I get back to my question, why do you believe that Robin's rib will rip up the river any more than any of the other boats in Brundall, most of which are well capable to exceed the speed limit.

Just now, Philosophical said:

I get back to my question, why do you believe that Robin's rib will rip up the river any more than any of the other boats in Brundall, most of which are well capable to exceed the speed limit.

I don't and that's why its totally irrelevant as to how fast it can go isn't it ? , trust me I know a lot of folk with some powerful boat on the yare and the biggest problem as stated by all is resisting the temptation to push the throttle forward , an as the ex owner of several ski boats I fully understand that .

I don't and that's why its totally irrelevant as to how fast it can go isn't it ? , trust me I know a lot of folk with some powerful boat on the yare and the biggest problem as stated by all is resisting the temptation to push the throttle forward , an as the ex owner of several ski boats I fully understand that .

That's great, Robin's boat does have a throttle that behaves itself. I'm sure he will be very pleased to know this. 

I don't and that's why its totally irrelevant as to how fast it can go isn't it ?

Maybe to you but not to everyone.

2 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

the biggest problem as stated by all is resisting the temptation to push the throttle forward ,

And how is it any different than driving a car ? Most cars can go over 70 mph,  most people don't.

3 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Maybe to you but not to everyone.

And how is it any different than driving a car ? Most cars can go over 70 mph,  most people don't.

We could all probably drink 6 pints of beer, but most of us go home after 2 or 3 (if not driving)

Great update Robin will watch again on the big screen when I get home instead of iPad at work.

Griff do you think it’s time they upgraded the boats at the side of Bridlington Spa their the same size as the rib. Looked fun I want ago.

That rib is fun.  The reason I didn't open it up in the marina of course is due to 1) speed limit and 2) it's a bit restricting for hitting 40kts+.  It's wickedly fast though, acceleration is awesome, in the video I was only blipping the throttle open a small amount to get it to leap forward.  Of course once skimming along with it being a jet drive it can operate on wet grass and will leave minimal wake too

Ok, the Northern contingent of Team Indy, Myself, Howard, Brian and Wizard are all ready for our train journey in the morning, Lifts to station sorted.  Donny at 0900, over to Sheffield then straight down to Guz, eta mid afternoon straight onboard.  Then it's crack on with some items we have listed with hopefully not too late a finish, then no doubt off to Wetherspoons for dinner

Friday morning is beckoning, about time too, it feels like we have been planning this for a year or more

Griff

• Like 9

Lyme Regis to Lands End including the Isles of Scilly

Outlook for 2nd feb

Wind
Northwest 5 or 6, decreasing 3 or 4, then backing west or southwest 4 or 5 later.
Sea state
Slight or moderate, occasionally rough in far west.
Weather
Showers at first in west, occasional rain later.
Visibility
Good, occasionally moderate.
  • Thanks 2