Independence - Updates | Maintenance & Care

LondonRascal

I can see from the video that you are going to have to use the rib on tickover on the broads, all that wash n that.

just popping up to Norwich to get the groceries.

did you test to see how many it can hold? it looked sort of crowded with just Griff in it

19 minutes ago, 40something said:

What that RIB + the crane cost the original owner could buy you a very, very nice full sized Broads cruiser :8_laughing: 

Same goes for the cost of the option packages when the Trader was new

17 hours ago, grendel said:

There was a very good chippy just across the road last time I went - its even named after me:- the  inner harbour is to the left (you can just see the masts).

Peter, hi

That was our favourite fish shop  when I was training new pilots at  RAF Manston, sorry, KIA, Kent Internation Airport, sorry, London East.......

What the locals thought when I did a 500ft agl circuit and turned Finals inside the town I don't know  but the SATCO, who was on board,  was jumping about on the Flight Deck in excitement (this was a 100+ ton aeroplane with a 156ft wingspan).

Sorry too OT, Robin.............   :default_beerchug:

(I shall be following you from my hospital bed here in Norwich).

• Like 1

I remember seeing freight planes doing touch and goes as practice just before they started the freight service there, I have also seen the Red Arrows and Concorde taking off / landing there.

I did have a close encounter there many years back when driving to work, I crossed the taxiway near the tower, and was suddenly confronted by a harrier or tornado (some sort of fighter jet) crossing the road (he did have the traffic lights in his favour)

Hope you have a first aid kit on board Robin.  That nasty gash you got reminded me of the time when we realised all we had on board was kitchen roll when hubby cut himself in the engine bay
That sounds painful, can he sit down yet?

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk

Great write up . Just love that Rib to bits ( I know that you have a full on timetable Robin but it would be great to see a little blog on it in the future) 

Anyway safe journey and enjoy the next chapter - looking forwards to the outcome 

finny 

3 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Robin will get enjoyment out of the rib i'm sure, so what ever the cost to some one is irreverent. Enjoy the dream Robin and the Independence.

This wasn't a dig at Robin, I'm pretty sure I read earlier that he wasn't expecting it be included in the deal so its a bonus to him

I was lucky all round with the purchase. The RIB was shown in the photos and blurb but when it came to the Contract it was not included. I talked to the Broker about this, who then spoke to the seller to 'see what he could do'.

These retail new at just under £20,000 - I just looked now and same model year as mine is up for sale for £13,950 - https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1546755/

I like the fact the RIB is said to " Rocket from standstill to 20 knots in four seconds flat and won't stop until the far side of 40 knots."

I was therefore very pleased when it an email came back to say the owner was 'leaving everything but his Dyson' - I guess the Hoover meant everything to him! Hhe really did leave everything including 4 brand new 'Crew Fit' Life Jackets which retail for over £70.00 each. I found the rug for sale on John Lewis at £480.00 and then two never used King Size goose down duvets! All the glassware, crockery, utensils were left even a brand new bagged set of Towels.

The biggest thing I have learnt about the process is not the 'known costs' it is the other issues, such as travel costs to and from the boat (this is £132.00 a pop for me) and things like new bedding - being large boat that is double, two single, king so these items all need to be got but you don't realise the costs these add until you tot all the figures up.

If you take the electric bills, travel costs, essential items bought, the heater install and fuel used to date along with the boatyard charges for parts and labour then the amount I have spent since buying Independence is approaching £14,000 and she has only left the marina once!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

I was lucky all round with the purchase. The RIB was shown in the photos and blurb but when it came to the Contract it was not included. I talked to the Broker about this, who then spoke to the seller to 'see what he could do'.

These retail new at just under £20,000 - I just looked now and same model year as mine is up for sale for £13,950 - https://www.theyachtmarket.com/boats_for_sale/1546755/

I was therefore very pleased when it an email came back to say the owner was 'leaving everything but his Dyson' - I guess the Hoover meant everything to him! Hhe really did leave everything including 4 brand new 'Crew Fit' Life Jackets which retail for over £70.00 each. I found the rug for sale on John Lewis at £480.00 and then two never used King Size goose down duvets! All the glassware, crockery, utensils were left even a brand new bagged set of Towels.

The biggest thing I have learnt about the process is not the 'known costs' it is the other issues, such as travel costs to and from the boat (this is £132.00 a pop for me) and things like new bedding - being large boat that is double, two single, king so these items all need to be got but you don't realise the costs these add until you tot all the figures up.

If you take the electric bills, travel costs, essential items bought, the heater install and fuel used to date along with the boatyard charges for parts and labour then the amount I have spent since buying Independence approaching £14,000 and she has only left the marina once!

Welcome to the world of offshore boats!

31 minutes ago, LondonRascal said:

I like the fact the RIB is said to " Rocket from standstill to 20 knots in four seconds flat and won't stop until the far side of 40 knots."

If you take the electric bills, travel costs, essential items bought, the heater install and fuel used to date along with the boatyard charges for parts and labour then the amount I have spent since buying Independence is approaching £14,000 and she has only left the marina once!

May I ask why you’ve never learnt to drive ?

i started when I was 17 but could never get the balance between clutch and accelerator so gave up and went back to motorbikes till my mid 20’s before having another go

maybe you’ve always lived near to your work

loving the blogs, I’m learning loads !!

good luck for Thursday to Sunday 

42 minutes ago, Polly said:

I think the clue is in the name,London Rascal, lots of Londoners don't drive.

My nephew a real "piston head" who lives in London has just sold his car, it spent 99% of it's time in mum & dad's garden in Suffolk. 

3 hours ago, Snowy said:

Surely that's totally irrelevant given the maximum speed on the broads is 6 mph for the very vast majority of it , there is a person in brundall that has one already n he's making a name for himself n not in a good way .

The rib to me only makes a difference if you intended selling it or a prospective new owner wants to cruise waters that have more favourable sooed limits for the said rib , you can of cause buy a 700 HP super car but the thing is you can't use it as intended in England   river boats are called river boats for a good reason just as offshore boats are .

24 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Surely that's totally irrelevant given the maximum speed on the broads is 6 mph for the very vast majority of it , there is a person in brundall that has one already n he's making a name for himself n not in a good way .

The rib to me only makes a difference if you intended selling it or a prospective new owner wants to cruise waters that have more favourable sooed limits for the said rib , you can of cause buy a 700 HP super car but the thing is you can't use it as intended in England   river boats are called river boats for a good reason just as offshore boats are .

Not sure where Robin is to be moored at Brundall but if he + guests become bored with the Yare, he can use the rib to go to Coldham Hall, Surlingham Ferry or Waters Edge for a swift pint or two.