What Happens Next?

High6

You wake up in the early hours to the noise of wind, rain and water slapping. You stick your head outside and see by torchlight that your mooring lines and shore power cable are well under water. You can't see the quay heading.

So what do you do next?

1 hour ago, High6 said:

You wake up in the early hours to the noise of wind, rain and water slapping. You stick your head outside and see by torchlight that your mooring lines and shore power cable are well under water. You can't see the quay heading.

So what do you do next?

Call Hemsby lifeboat, you're obviously adrift.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, High6 said:

So what do you do next?

get the crew out of bed to clamber ashore in the water and untie whie you fire up the engine ready for the off

happened to me 1994 moored at reedham in a  hearts hire boat,woke to a violent banging(bows blowing on  to the quay)got my lad to cast off, upriver we went,got to brundall tide was so high it was flooding the little shop doorway and threatening the old lady's g&t carried on to thorpe no way back to base,moored at rowing club lucky me i had some wellies ,22 boats moored at rowing club all went downstream to maidencraft for serviving that weekend

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

So long as it's not a little Red Barrel!

Red Barrel, arghhhhh, London has imposed some pretty awful exports on to Norfolk & Suffolk over the years & that stuff must top them all!

Draught Double Diamond from their competitors was not much better.