Bet Grace likes it strict :default_biggrin:

White Horse, Upton 

Former abode of the legendary Winkle :default_beerchug:

Correct.

The pub I mean.

Grace likes what I tell her to like :default_biggrin:

:default_hiding:

45 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Second looks very like the Ship at South Walsham with the bar billiards table missing 

Could be wrong of course :default_biggrin:

You certainly are.......not wrong Mr Nog. It is the Ship at South Walsham :default_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Last one, I keep thinking of the Lion at west Somerton, not very convinced though and not been in for ages :default_icon_rolleyes:

Nah

9 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

It's the Ram at Brundall :default_biggrin:

(hint from Mrs N) :default_icon_kiss:

Mrs Nog is absolutely correct. Maybe she has been the brains behind this all along :default_biggrin:

Well done anyway team Nog you got all 3

Friday 13th :default_icon_evil: April

Once again chilling out with a coffee in the improving morning weather, I sat thinking what I should do today.

Whilst I debated I gave the boat another quick clean and cleaned the windows (see I am very domesticated :default_biggrin:) before remembering that I was under orders to pick up some buns from Lathams for the kids and under no circumstance was I going to be welcomed home without them.

So off I headed to Potter Heigham and purchased the pastries, personally I don't know how people can put that rubbish in their bodies but for me it was time for a beer :default_smiley-angelic002:

I set off headed for The White Horse at Upton, parked up and walked the dog down to Eastwood Whelpton

20180413_143816.thumb.jpg.23ad0e723bc5e5a96218d70db0ef7eca.jpg20180413_143823.thumb.jpg.eb8e0d20b892280e5ed345755ef4f855.jpg

and the staithe 20180413_143827.thumb.jpg.a0cf851f3db7351f55ad6d7a182c5629.jpg

for a quick look around before heading back to the pub and a light refreshment.

20180413_144721.thumb.jpg.a56678c9ee042b81edc35c3c9adfbeaf.jpg20180413_150749.thumb.jpg.07e671c9447146fcdc9e1296f1f9118c.jpg

From there I travelled on to South Walsham and had a walk up to the public moorings past Marine Tec,20180413_154944.thumb.jpg.6783f37dbc72275b964c7b6d368506d2.jpg

and watched a few boats passing over South Walsham broad 20180413_154020.thumb.jpg.edb946966108f473d4e1ff3fc1892184.jpg20180413_154043.thumb.jpg.b3b3ae028b2b21d71cadb6b63044fc6a.jpg20180413_154114.thumb.jpg.67bccffe63fde090bff7b23d9169feb2.jpg

before again heading up to The Ship where I was almost alone with the two young barmaids (Not pictured) :default_smiley-angelic002:

20180413_160425.thumb.jpg.b31a14b835f5faf39512ecefe17ab7de.jpg

After a chat and a diet coke I headed back to the boatyard to unfortunately pack up my things and prepare for the journey back home and reality again as I was straight back to work Saturday morning.

And that is it. Time to sign off until August.

14 hours ago, Bound2Please said:

Is this name this boozer Linda or to see who has the biggest collection of shoes Grace or you?

Charlie xx

If there’s a shoe-off, then I will need to confess that Imelda Marcos has nothing on me...genuine, full time, paid up, VIP member of Shoe Addiction Club. 

I shall also have to admit to being roundly ‘advised’ by a very lovely boat yard manager that suede, wedge, platform sandals weren’t ideal for hoping on and off a boat. I agreed of course- I find wedge flip flops are much more practical :default_blush:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Katiew said:

If there’s a shoe-off, then I will need to confess that Imelda Marcos has nothing on me...genuine, full time, paid up, VIP member of Shoe Addiction Club. 

I shall also have to admit to being roundly ‘advised’ by a very lovely boat yard manager that suede, wedge, platform sandals weren’t ideal for hoping on and off a boat. I agreed of course- I find wedge flip flops are much more practical :default_blush:

I'm not sure if you speak English but I picked up "shoe" and "boat", so I am sure my Grace will translate for me later.

If boats and shoes are causing a problem for transferring you from boat to solid ground what you need is someone to transfer either you, your shoes or both packages in one from aforementioned boat to solid ground.

I volunteer to do this action for someone already mentioned :default_smiley-angelic002: but she may get awfully angry if I volunteered to help transfer you too.

As an aside do you also like wine by any chance?

:default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Katiew said:

Hi Katie

If you want to wear heels when you're off the boat, wear flats to get from boat to pub, carry  heels in a bag, best not wear heels when walking in fields to said pubs, they could get stuck in the mud and you could fall over backwards feet still firmly in the ground (not that that's happened to me you understand) and so not a good look :default_norty: Once at the pub, take flats off, put your gorgeous heels on. Do not under any circumstances ask my Firefighter to carry you from boat to pub, that is for me and me alone thank you very much :default_biggrin:

Grace

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

Hi Katie

If you want to wear heels when you're off the boat, wear flats to get from boat to pub, carry  heels in a bag, best not wear heels when walking in fields to said pubs, they could get stuck in the mud and you could fall over backwards feet still firmly in the ground (not that that's happened to me you understand) and so not a good look :default_norty: Once at the pub, take flats off, put your gorgeous heels on. Do not under any circumstances ask my Firefighter to carry you from boat to pub, that is for me and me alone thank you very much :default_biggrin:

Grace

Grace

I am, of course, much obliged for your sage advice here. But flats? My sop to not sinking the heels is the wedge- bigger surface area on the floor whilst not sacrificing the height...I’m honestly not sure I can go much further...

im also pushed for space in the bag- He Who Thinks He’s Captain and the kids always find ‘important things’ that I absolutely must carry about. Apparently  wallets, keys, snacks and spare jumpers are all my responsibility :default_crying1animated:

i dd show lovely boat yard manager my more practical option- I’m convinced the walking away shaking head was him just regretting he’d not thought of them first :11_blush:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jayfire said:

I'm not sure if you speak English but I picked up "shoe" and "boat", so I am sure my Grace will translate for me later.

If boats and shoes are causing a problem for transferring you from boat to solid ground what you need is someone to transfer either you, your shoes or both packages in one from aforementioned boat to solid ground.

I volunteer to do this action for someone already mentioned :default_smiley-angelic002: but she may get awfully angry if I volunteered to help transfer you too.

As an aside do you also like wine by any chance?

:default_biggrin:

Ah bless, I would expect nothing less than an honest offer of assistance from a member of our emergency services, but fear not - I am in no need of such help- He Who Thinks He’s Captain is always on the ‘safe footing’ case :17_heart_eyes:

And yes, I must admit that I can be considered a wine ? fan, though the Ghostship  at Acle Bridge yesterday was  just the ticket :default_biggrin:

So sorry JF, as it seems that "ladies with shoes" have hijacked your thread.....:default_norty:

I have a pair of very non-sexy Gortex ankle boots (made by Clarks..they go well with jeans) that I take on every trip, beit December, February or summer. I also have a pair of thigh length black leather boots that Mr N thinks I look good in. Yes, I agree with Grace that to get from a pub through muddy tracks etc needs something flat so I have done the "take your gorgeous shoes in bag and put them on in the pub" bit. It works too :default_happy: I also agree with Katiew, when you feel as though you are very limited to the things that you can take. Neither of us drive and we have to cart three holdalls on the various trains, buses etc, so I'm limited to one, maybe two, pairs of classy shoes that have to be wedged in between the various chargers, the frying pan, toiletries......

Hi Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Delilah said:

So sorry JF, as it seems that "ladies with shoes" have hijacked your thread.....:default_norty:

No worries, it's not the first time I have been dominated by women and their boots :default_smiley-angelic002: