Solo Cruising, Need The Bathroom But Nowhere To Moor

Broads01

1 hour ago, SteveO said:

Steer with the right hand. Hang the old chap over the side and aim with the left hand. Points awarded for clearing the gunnels. :default_biggrin:

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Which reminds me of a good friend who didn't clear the gunnels. After a good session in Coldham Hall, when it was a pub, we retired gracefully to our bunks. Later we were all woken by our fellow crew member, Charlie. Charlie was well over the eight, stumbling around the cabin until he found what he obviously thought was the gunnel, only it wasn't. Charlie was instead clinging to the edge of the galley sink where he proceeded to jettison his liquid cargo. I don't think that he was ever convinced that the full coffee mugs in the sink were his doing, despite all of us insisting that he scrub the sink and its contents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Is this something naughty?

No it was supposed to have been wave it'd just my phone seems to have a new word for it :15_yum: infactin fact its many new words that even I don't understand :default_biggrin:

Well it seems a common theme has come in answer to my question, namely don't leave the helm and be prepared with a suitable container. That makes a lot of sense. I guess nosing into the reeds would be an option in some locations but I wouldn't want to end up on the mud on the lower Bure.

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:39, Broads01 said:

I'm sure you can picture the scene and a situation I've found myself in once or twice. Say, for example, you're solo, somewhere in the wilds of the lower Bure and you are 'caught short'. What is the best option? 

Option 1: I'm the absence of boat traffic (hopefully), bring the boat to a standstill mid-river and be away from the helm for as short time as possible. 

Option 2: As above but don't rush, the boat won't go far and any traffic appearing can go round it anyway. 

Option 3: On no account leave the helm. Pee on the floor if you have to. 

Option 4: None of the above. 

If you are on a dual steer boat and you are on the top deck, there is natural drainage. The only problem is, you need to steer the boat, take a pee and not to soak what ever you are wearing down below.:default_biggrin:

• Like 1