Passes Under All Bridges At Suitable Tides?

martham use their own staff to go under the bridge, I have personally been taken through in janet at 5 foot 11 inches, wouldnt think she would have got through at much less. martham do have their own gauge at their slipway that shows the bridge clearance.

their boats are all a lot narrower than most other broads boats - only about 9 foot 6" wide.

• Thanks 1

They were made to do this that’s the difference. It’s all about the line up with the key stone, the front hatch and being able to see the underside of the bridge at a given time :default_beerchug:. Child’s play when you have done it a few hundred times :default_gbxhmm:

• Thanks 2

When that bridge and Nyx had a bit of a cuddle, there was more of the bridge left on Nyx than there was of Nyx left on the bridge. Maybe we should just all try and wear it big enough.

Incidentally, Nyx is 9'6" beam but needs 6' or more to get under because although her total airdraft is lower than the Martham craft, the actual cabin is wider, so more clearance is required.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of larger craft have been coming through today taking advantage of the lower water. It's good to see people doing this while they can. When I say larger craft I mean bath tubs such as the gems from Richardson's, a rare site this side of the bridge these days.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1