Fastfender Clips

Cockatoo

When I bought my boat the fenders were attached with these. They are very reliable and makes fast work of adjusting the height.

i prefer to have my permanent fenders attached to cleats on the deck, but I have kept the clips on the “guard wire?” (correct terminology required please) for quickly attaching additional fenders when moored. The ones I’ve seen for sale are quite expensive for what they are! How many do you need for your boat SteveDuk?

• Like 1

Oops can't edit on the app but I might need more. I have seen than at £12.95 a pair and I might need more. I might order a few to try and I can always use them on Freya.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

We have the type of clip that hook on the bow rails. Have used them for about ten years now. We love them. They make easy work of adjusting the fender height and taking the fenders off.

They do wear over time with use. We always carry a spare set of clips. We tend to get about five years out of a set before they wear too much and either start slipping on the fender rope or unclipping too easily off of the rails.

20180721-164355.jpg

• Like 1

I'm going to have to be careful which I buy because we have rail on the bow and stern with wire in the middle. I'm bound to get the numbers wrong on the first attempt but I will keep a few spares anyway. Mind you, if I keep too many spares of everything there will be no room for Debs clothes!

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

4 hours ago, Cal said:

We have the type of clip that hook on the bow rails. Have used them for about ten years now. We love them. They make easy work of adjusting the fender height and taking the fenders off.

They do wear over time with use. We always carry a spare set of clips. We tend to get about five years out of a set before they wear too much and either start slipping on the fender rope or unclipping too easily off of the rails.

20180721-164355.jpg

Hello Cal,

We also used to use that type of clip for our fenders but some of my fellow owners could not cope with them so we reverted back to tying off the fenders to the rails.

Regards

Alan

25 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Cal,

We also used to use that type of clip for our fenders but some of my fellow owners could not cope with them so we reverted back to tying off the fenders to the rails.

Regards

Alan

I have to ask. How could they not cope with them?

They are the easiest thing ever. Brilliant invention.

2 minutes ago, Cal said:

I have to ask. How could they not cope with them?

They are the easiest thing ever. Brilliant invention.

Hi Cal,

Because the pin can come out of the clip, which then renders them useless until the pin is put back in. Not everyone is practical, I did not have an issue, but then I like things to work and will repair almost anything I come across.

I agree they are good but if the pin was a tighter fit they would be better.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

We secure our fenders to the upright rails using hook  clips makes them easy to raise or lower , I did try a couple of the fastfender clips but found they strained the wires .

our fender lines are attached through an eye to the clip and we simply wind around the upright till we have the desired drop 

A1959646-52D5-4406-94D8-88883CE1C1A2.jpeg

8 hours ago, Cal said:

They're the ones I use. But I find they can "bind" if you use the upper size of fender line they recommend. I must get round to replacing mine with thinner lines. But on the whole, I agree they're a doddle to use.

16 minutes ago, Regulo said:

They're the ones I use. But I find they can "bind" if you use the upper size of fender line they recommend. I must get round to replacing mine with thinner lines. But on the whole, I agree they're a doddle to use.

They get easier to use as the fender ropes wear a little.

2 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

We secure our fenders to the upright rails using hook  clips makes them easy to raise or lower , I did try a couple of the fastfender clips but found they strained the wires .

our fender lines are attached through an eye to the clip and we simply wind around the upright till we have the desired drop 

A1959646-52D5-4406-94D8-88883CE1C1A2.jpeg

That looks pretty neat! Nice idea.