Our Braveheart Is Up For Sale!

Hi All 

Due to not using Braveheart because of other commitments we have reluctantly decided to put him on the market so someone else can get good use of him. 

A truly superb example of a Broom Skipper/30 ideal for the Broads, we have loved our time with him. 

Hunting on the internet I found this archived link to him! :- 

https://www.boatshed.com/broom_30-boat-137615.html#boatmedia-1

If you are seriously interested please message me to arrange a viewing. 

Priced at very reasonable, for his very full spec (ready to go, just add your food!), of  £27,250. 

John.

Kind regards, John(Captain  
Joshie), Jo & Toby.  
'Braveheart' L68 Broom  
30/Skipper

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

• Like 2

Hi Regulo

When Boatshed had it listed it was indeed in Yorkshire! Someone else bought it and he eventually end up in Lincoln from where we bought him.

I did say it is an archived listing, quiet a while back but he looks similar. 

Lots more fitted since that time though, bowthruster, NASA battery monitor, 200watt solar panel with MMPT Controller, full inventory to just go cruising straight away.

John.

Hi John

We were surprised to see that you are selling your price and joy.

We know exactly you what you mean by the time constraints.We have just sold the Ocean Dawn for the same reason.All good things come to an end.Initially we were sad but now feel quite a relief that we don't have to worry about it a anymore.We have not given up on Norfolk in fact are hiring next week but the week is over we can forget about it until the next time!Does the fridge still go?

Good luck with the sale.

• Like 1

Hi Pauline

Did you sell through NYA? We saw Ocean Dawn Saturday going passed with 3 men onboard, one looked to be NYA.

Yes the fridge is perfect, I was down yesterday and today and had it running all the time!

We move home days before Christmas and I'm now a builder:34_rolling_eyes:, doing updates on most rooms.

You doing what we are thinking of in the future!

Who are you hiring from?

John. 

Edited by CaptainJoshie
Missed a bit of the message, doh!

No it went through Boatshed really quickly within days really.We too have bought a bungalow which we are refurbishing whilst still living in our current home.Mega busy.Cannot think why NYA would be involved it is moored at Cove Marina ,may be it needs work but would be surprised if that is the case though as Phil from Simpsons  had it all winter and went over it with  a fine tooth comb.We looked into a share of a syndicate  boat but that was not for us.We are on Silver Serenade from the 20th July.Give us a wave of you are about.

On 16/07/2019 at 17:27, CaptainJoshie said:

Due to not using Braveheart because of other commitments we have reluctantly decided to put him on the market so someone else can get good use of him. 

Sorry, I know it is no help for you in your sale, but I have to say that if I was in the position to come have a look without wasting your time, I would be snapping your hand off for a test cruise, what an absolute beauty.

On 16/07/2019 at 19:51, oceandawn said:

No it went through Boatshed really quickly within days really.We too have bought a bungalow which we are refurbishing whilst still living in our current home.Mega busy.Cannot think why NYA would be involved it is moored at Cove Marina ,may be it needs work but would be surprised if that is the case though as Phil from Simpsons  had it all winter and went over it with  a fine tooth comb.We looked into a share of a syndicate  boat but that was not for us.We are on Silver Serenade from the 20th July.Give us a wave of you are about.

Hi, Pauline is it?, 

May I ask why syndicate ownership isn't for you, and what puts you off it?. It's always important to know why people discount syndicate ownership, because it's possible that they may not know the real benefits etc, or have been misinformed about things, or just have, for whatever reasons, their suspicions about it, which is why I left it so long to buy into Lightning. Often, people have perceptions of things without the full knowledge of they actually work. 

If you would like a more in depth discussion about the real benefits of syndicate ownership, please don't hesitate to ask either Alan (Ranworth Breeze) or myself, or any of the forum members for that matter, who have bought into the syndicatesfor their views and guidance. You never know, it may be exactly what you're looking for, especially if you have very limited time available to be afloat. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2019 at 19:51, oceandawn said:

I forgot to add, it's also important for the syndicates to understand Why people have any suspicions, or the wrong perceptions, so we can try to allow people to better understand the true benefits of syndicate ownership through improving our sources of advertising and promotion. 

One other thing, we're back on Lightning from Saturday 14th September which is moored at Brooms, so if you can be around at that time, we will be happy to show you around, even take you for a cruise down (or up) the Yare. 

The same goes to Captain Joshie, if you see us afloat, or are around Brundall on that day, please come and say hello, and have a chat. 

Hi Jayfire

Thank you for the nice response, he is truly exceptional example to a great design and ready to enjoy straight away. We have left loads of things onboard for the new owners.

He will be a great buy for someone, a real bargain at the price we're asking!

Tripplespeed

Main reasons for us not boat sharing is the cost of ongoing maintenance and not being able to diy. Lack of spontaneity in just getting up and deciding to go for a few weeks. We may hire a boat for a week or two in the future or indeed my buy another boat, but not for at least a few years.

John.

1 hour ago, CaptainJoshie said:

Tripplespeed

Main reasons for us not boat sharing is the cost of ongoing maintenance and not being able to diy. Lack of spontaneity in just getting up and deciding to go for a few weeks. 

John.

Ongoing maintainance is split 12 1/2 ways, and YES, you can do DIY, but only to maintain in her current shape. Any changes to layout, spec etc has to be agreed with all members, which i`m sure you`ll agree is only reasonable.

Re Lack of spontaneity, that`s the only real drawback, but you can use other peoples unused weeks which may precede or follow your allocated week. 

Without doubt, there are far more benefits to syndicate ownership than there are drawbacks.

On a personal not, we passed you at Beccles YS last year and saw you moored there, we could`nt get back through the bridge, half an hour too late, but by the time we came back the following morning, you`d gone. It would have been nice to say hello again, as we met you at Beccles once before.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Just your view Neil. 

Not at all Bill, look at the number of syndicate boats that are out there, and i don`t mean just on the broads, they are all over europe and the mediteranean, on the Thames and canals. Yes it`s a compromise, but if there were more drawbacks than benefits, people would`nt buy into them. 

Anyway, i don`t want to hijack Johns thread, this subject has been discussed and debated before, and should be kept for the syndicate owners section.

• 1 month later...